Part Nineteen: The Injury

Lucy's POV:

Jamie had sprained his ankle and had to go back to Dallas to recover and do PT with the Star's med team. We haven't spoken much beside the occasional text here and there. I thought we had something but ever since he left it's like something changed.

His fans have been speculating that he had hurt his ankle while partying with me and I've been getting a lot of hate. I try not to read them because I know it isn't true but it's hard to see all these comments saying I am the reason Jamie is hurt.

It's been a month and I ended up going back to LA for work. My dad has been planning a family trip to Italy since the guys and I haven't had time to visit home.

Apparently he had so big announcement.

—————————————————
Jamie's POV:

After finding out I hurt my ankle my coach told me I had to go back to Dallas to get it treated. It hasn't been the same since I've been back. The city just doesn't feel the same.

I've tried to message Lucy and talk but she's been so busy and honestly with me not being able to do much I haven't found the motivation to talk to anyone.

We did the parade and all the press which is was good. I'm glad that I could bring the cup home.

Doctors say I should be healed within the week and ready to start moving and lightly training.

My moms been trying to see if I would go on some family trip with her but I feel like being that I sat on the couch for a month I probably should start training again. But what happens if Lucy is going to be there?

I'm going to call her.

**phone rings**

L: hey! You've reached my voice mail, sorry I couldn't answer your call. Leave a message or text me if you need anything! Have a great day!

Jesus I missed hearing her voice.

J: hey ummm it's Jamie. Umm I just wanted to chat give me a call when you're free. I know you're really busy. Have a great day ummm bye.

**hangs up**

Omg that was so embarrassing.

I try to shake it off and I hear the door bell ring.

I limp over to the door.

J: hey Tyler how's it going man!

Tyler: hey I'm good how's the ankle?

J: it's healing should be ok in a week or so. What brings you here?

Tyler: oh I was just in the neighbourhood looking at houses and just though I'd drop by and see if you wanted to grab a bite?

J: umm sure but I got food in the oven rn you want to just stay and eat here?

Tyler: yeah sure.

J: you want a beer?

Tyler: yeah I can grab it.

J: how you and Kate doing?

Tyler: umm really good. I'm thinking of asking her to move in.

J: that's awesome man. That's a big step.

Tyler: yeah she just feels different you know?

J: yeah... I know how you feel.

Tyler: I've been meaning to ask you about the night we won.

J: yeah what about it?

Tyler: well I saw your stories with Lucy and was just wondering what was going on?