Part Forty-Eight: The City Hall

Jamie's POV:

Lucy and I called everyone last night and due to the pandemic they were all more than happy to come since, they weren't doing anything anyway. Tyler and Alex agree to be a part of the paper signing. Alex had come over early to help Lucy get ready and now Tyler and I are hanging out at my house. 

Tyler: So you nervous?

J: Honestly, no. I have been thinking about this a lot and I have never been more ready. 

Tyler: what did your mom say when you told her you were getting married today?

J: She was happy. She wishes that she could have been here but she also loves Lucy and she is super excited to have her be officially a part of the family. 

Tyler: That's good. Did she cry?

J: Yeah she did. 

Tyler and I both laugh. 

Tyler: What about her parents? How do they feel?

J: Well they also want to be here but after visiting Austin her Mama has gone into the NBA bubble with Devin and her Dad went back to Toronto to be with Connor. They're happy though. They told us to invite Lucy's uncles Rick and Aaron.

Tyler: Are they coming?

J: Yeah they live in Austin so they are driving here. They should be here soon. They are going to stay at Connor's place then drive back in a few days.

Tyler: Oh ok that's nice of them. 

J: yeah it is. It really means a lot to Lucy. 

Just as Tyler and I were talking about Uncle Rick and Aaron someone rings the gate. I look at my phone and it is Uncle Rick. 

I buzz them in.

Rick: Hey Jamie come out here. 

J: Sure thing. 

I grab my mask.

J: They are here. grab your mask. 

I open the door and I see Uncle Rick driving his 1965 Mustang and then I look over and see Uncle Aaron driving a 1955 Ford Thunderbird. 

J: What the hell is this??

Uncle Aaron starts honking the horn.

Uncle Aaron: Wedding present. 

Uncle Rick: Welcome to the family Jamie boy. 

J: Wow thank you. But we can't accept this. 

Uncle Rick: Of course, you can. We fix cars for a living this is nothing. Take it. Lucy has been wanting this car since she was 6, but we never gave it to her. 

Uncle Aaron: I told her she could have it when she got married and that day has come. 

Uncle Rick: Also you can take off your masks. We got tested before leaving and we are both negative plus we don't like people so we haven't seen anyone. 

Tyler and I laugh and take off our masks. 

J: You want to come in?

Uncle Aaron: yeah maybe later. You want to take this baby for s spin? We were thinking you'd pick her up in this. 

J: Sure let's go.

Uncle rick: Come on Tyler you can ride with me. 

Tyler: Can I drive?

Uncle Rick: Fuck no now sit down. 

We go for a test drive and this baby rides nice. 

It was about 2 pm now and Lucy and I have an appointment at the courthouse at 4.