Part Eighteen: The Hospital

Jamie's POV:
I have never been much of a partier but tonight was the most fun I've had ever. It's crazy to think I only met these people a few days ago but it feels like I've know them forever.

The night was going great and I could see the text, DMs and posts congratulating me on the win but through out the night even though I was so happy about the win I couldn't ignore the pain I was feeling.

I look over at Lucy after our beer pong win and she could tell something was wrong.

L: hey you ok?

J: yeah my ankle is killing me though.

L: we should go get it check out. I don't want it to get worse, we can continue the celebration later.

J: yeah I guess you're right.

Lucy orders and Uber and we go to the hospital. The others stay back at the apartment and clean up.

———-We get to the hospital———

Lucy's POV:

When we get to the hospital being that we are both a bit drunk Jamie puts his arm around my shoulder to help keep the weight off his ankle.

We get there and Jamie sits down in the waiting room and so I go talk to the nurse.

L: hi, my friend hurt his ankle earlier today and it just started to get worse do you know how long it is going to take before we get to see a doctor?

The nurse doesn't look up and just hands we a clip board with a form.

L: thank you. I'll fill this out and get back to you.

I walk over to Jamie

J: hey do you know how long it's going to take?

L: umm no she didn't look up she just handed me this but I get it it's late she's probably worked a 12 hour shift.

J: okay well we aren't in a rush.

L: ok let's fill this out and then hopefully the doc should get to you soon it doesn't seem to busy tonight especially because the leafs didn't win...

Jamie chuckles.

J: yeah.

He fills out the form and I grab it and walk over to the front desk.

I look down and realize his middle name is Randolph.

I get to the front desk.

L: hi again. We are done with the forms.

The nurse: ok thank you please place them on the desk I will get to them in a second.

L: ok no rush thank you.

She looks up from the computer.

The nurse: oh wow. You-You-You are- omg I'm so sorry I'll get to it right now.

L: no it's ok you've probably worked a long shift just take your time get to it when the staff is able to. It's late.

The nurse: no I'll look this over right now and talk to the doctor I'm sure we can get your friend in soon.

L: thank you I appreciate that.

The nurse: umm I'm sorry I know this is unprofessional but is it possible if I can get a photo with you? You really help me get learn to love myself again after my break up.

L: oh my god of course! I'm glad I could help!

She walks around the counter and we take a quick selfie.