lxiii. eighteen candles

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

TODAY WAS A PRETTY SPECIAL DAY FOR KIMBERLY LLOYD. It had been the day she was born, of course. The big one-eight. And yeah, she should've been as old than the rest of the gang but she was older than any of them, apparently.

Kim woke up and found no notifications in her phone. She shrugged it off, assuming her friends wanted to say it to her face.

Kim got dressed and headed downstairs, humming 'Happy Birthday' under her breath and she spots her mother and brother over in the kitchen and sings out: "Heyyyyy, can you guys guess what day it is?"

Kim then takes notice of her mother and brother dressed up. Kim's mother is wearing a baseball hat and Jason is wearing baseball gear. "Is it the day you finally put on a dress after wearing jeans for a whole month?" Teresa asks her daughter.

"Hey, I wear dresses!" Teresa gives Kim a look. "On special occasions."

"And what's the special occasion? Your brother's baseball game?" Teresa asks.

"What, no—"

Jason interrupts Kim. "Mom, you ready? We gotta get to the parking lot before it all fills up. And we gotta park near the churro stand so you can be first in line."

Teresa nods, pointing at her son and grabs her keys. "Right. Churros, here we come. Kim, we will see you when we get back."

"But—"

"Also... there's mac n cheese in the fridge in case you get hungry." With that, both Teresa and Jason leave the house and close the door behind them, leaving Kim in confusion.

"I cannot believe this." Kim spoke. "Did they forget?"

The door opens back up and Jason reveals himself. "Hey, Kim? Before I forget—"

Kim sighs in relief. "I knew you wouldn't—"

"Did you want a churro?" Jason questions.

"Uh, sure." Kim tells.

"Okay. Cool. See ya." With that, Jason closes the door behind him and Kim crosses her arms.

"Yup," Kim says. "They totally forgot my birthday."

After thirty minutes, Kim decided to go down to Junk 'N Stuff to see her friends. Maybe they would remember unlike her brother and mother. She stood on her porch. "I cannot believe Mom and Jason forgot! Am I that forgettable?"