xxiv. you're so vain, you probably think this blonde hair is about you

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

THE GANG HAD BEEN OVER AT HENRY'S HOUSE, SHOOTING A PROJECT FOR THEIR CLASS. The project was to make a movie for their art class and it required a parrot and a blonde wig — that Kim had to unfortunately wear. Jasper had written the play, if you could believe it. They had just finished a scene and Jason, Kim's little brother, looked over at the bird, since he had to take care of it and fed it.

"Jasper, can you please explain to me why I have to wear a wig?" Kim questions. "Because... I wanted someone to wear the wig and Henry and Charlotte didn't want to." Jasper answered and Kim scoffed. In the end, she had the short straw and she had to wear the stupid wig. She scratched her head in irritation and Jasper grabbed a comb out of his little fanny pack of hair accessories. "Dude, no more combing." Kim told.

"As writer, director and wig-master of the film, it is my duty to take care of the hair on your head." Jasper told and Kim thumped him on the forehead. "Alright, I gotta walk the bird." Jason gets the bird on his arm and begins to walk out of the house when the bird flies away. "Or chase after it." Kim comments and Jason freaks out. "Lennie! Get back here!" Jason began to run after the bird.

"Guess that's a wrap on today." Jasper tells. "Yeah, let's go get some food." Kim says. "Where do we wanna go for food?" Henry asks. "I'm feeling sushi." Kim shrugs. "We could go to that new place downtown." Charlotte suggests. "Oh, that new place, Nozu?" Henry questions and Charlotte nods. "Okay, then, it's settled. Nozu, it is." Kim says.

Jasper looks at Kim. "Alright, let's get this wig off of you." He tells and approached her but Kim stepped back. "Actually, is it fine if I keep the wig on?" Kim questioned. "I thought you hated the wig." Charlotte furrows her eyebrows at her friend in confusion. "I do, but I really wanna see what it's like to be blonde to the public. Nothin' like experimentin'."

Everyone shrugs at Kim's response and head on down to the sushi place. As the group had seated themselves down, Kim had already gotten tons of compliments and even winks from guys. They had sat down and ordered their food and they were about halfway done when the waiter had come to their table and handed Kim a free soda.

"See what I'm getting now that I'm blonde?" She questioned her friends.

"Oh, yeah."
"Cool."
"Whatever."

Kim rolls her eyes at her friends. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Please watch Jasper and makes sure that he doesn't eat my food like he did last time." Kim told before walking away. "That was one time." Jasper said. "You mean, three?" Henry corrected and Jasper groaned.

Kim had headed to the bathroom and didn't see where she was looking when she bumped into a boy. "Sorry, I didn't see where I was—"
"Whoa." The guy said and Kim had locked eyes with a blue-eyed boy and she felt butterflies in her stomach. This guy was cute!