l. good kim hunting

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

IT HAD BEEN A COUPLE OF DAYS SINCE 'THE BIG KISS'. Kim hadn't returned anyone's phone calls or texts, she hadn't even been going to work. There had been a week break from school so she didn't have to worry about school. For all that they knew, she wasn't even in Swellview.

And they would've been right. Kim was in New York, 'visiting family' and only Charlotte knew in the group that she was in New York. Kim made her promise not to tell Henry or anyone else.

Henry had arrived in the Man Cave, his phone up to his ear and the gang knew he was me waving another voicemail. "So, uh, call me when you get this, okay? I'll, uh, I'll see you. Bye." He hung up and groaned.

"Let me guess, Kim didn't answer? Again?" Jasper asked. "Yeah." Henry said. "Seriously, where is she?" Ray questioned. "She's missed three missions!"

"I don't know, dude, I've left her like thirty messages and I've gone over to her house and every time, it's either her mom or her brother — saying she's sick, or she's taking a shower, or she's eating a bucket full of chicken wings." Henry explained.

Charlotte began to think and sighed, "Maybe she's embarrassed."

"Why would she be embarrassed?" Henry questioned.

Charlotte stands up. "Maybe she thought that you didn't feel the same way about her and that if she kissed you, you'd probably make fun of her if you didn't like her."

Henry, Jasper, Ray and Schwoz all gave one another a look and Henry crossed his arms and looked at Charlotte. "What you talkin' 'bout, Charlotte?" He had suspected something.

"Nothing, just the facts." Charlotte stated.

"You know something, don't you?" Henry asked.

Charlotte sat back down. "No, why would I?"

Henry approaches his friend. "Charlotte, you know something about Kim. I'm not gonna stop until you tell me."

Charlotte sighed and groaned. "Ugh. She's gonna kill me." She stood up once more. "She went to New York." She gave in and Henry's eyes widen.
"What?" He questioned.

"Why is she in New York?" Jasper asked.

"Well, she does have family that lives there. She needed a break from everything and besides, it's what she needed before she could decide what she wanted. And that was either ignoring her feelings and going someplace or embarrassing herself all over town. But she really likes you, Henry. She's liked you ever since you started going out with Bianca. Since you guys became sidekicks. But once you realized your feelings for her, she had already moved on... therefore, this is your fault." Charlotte pointed to Henry's chest.