xxxv. toon in for danger

Start from the beginning

"Or my butt!" Henry stepped up again. "And they forgot the church oranges!"
"Just flew away and left them right there on the ground!" Ray yelled.
"'Splash yeah'! Are you kidding me?"

"The point is: the cartoon is not an accurate representation of what we do! You're making us look like idiots. And we are not —" Kim looked towards Ray and Henry. "Most of us, anyway — idiots." Ray and Henry threw their hands up in defense.

"Well, if you guys know so much about making cartoons, why don't you write your own dang script?!"

Kim stood up straightly and chuckled to herself and Ray and Henry and her all seemed to have the same idea and liked the challenge.

"Yeah, you better call the fire department,
'cause—" Henry pointed to Ray's chest for him to finish the pun. "'Cause we're gonna burn your houses down!" Ray yelled but Kim and Henry pulled him back.

"No, no, no, no."
"Dude, are you an idiot!"

Henry looked up at the screen of confused people. "You guys are fired!" He finished the pun. "Fired! So, why don't you zoom-zoom-zoom to the moon-moon-moon?"
"And don't forget to take the church oranges with you out the door!" Kim yelled.
"Makes no sense!" Henry shouted and with that, Ray hung up the call.

"Nice."
"Good sell."
"Nailed it!"
Ray, Henry and Kim all high-fived each other.

Charlotte, Jasper and Schwoz come out of their hiding spots. "So, now what?" Charlotte questioned. "Now..." There was a pause for Ray. "Henry, Kim and I write a new script."

"Yeah, we write it." Henry nods.

"You guys do know that the cartoon premiere is in two days?" Jasper questions. "And that neither of you has ever written a script before?"

"So?"
"So? No biggie."
"Ye of little faith, Char."
"Anybody can write a script for TV."
"Yeah, monkeys could do it."
"Yeah, we can have great, hilarious script by tomorrow morning."
"That's right."
Henry, Ray and Kim ranted.

"So, you mean stay up all night?" Schwoz interfered.

"Heck yeah, man!"
"Yeah!"
"If that's what it takes!"

Kim turns her attention to her friends. "Jasper, go get us nine gallons of black coffee," Jasper nodded, "On it!" Henry looked over at Charlotte next. "Char, go get us some sugar and a stun-stick!" Charlotte nodded, "Kk."

"What about me, what do I do?" Schwoz questions. Ray steps up and looks at the man. "You, you play us some writing music!" Schwoz gasped and the group had started getting to work.

They had been working since five in the afternoon and their script was so far hilarious and interesting and they kept adding something new to it and it seemed to be easy with writing it. It was hard to stay up during the night and Henry had to wake Kim up with an air horn every hour and finally, Kim had been up and Henry had fallen asleep and Kim had taken it into her own hands to wake him up with an air horn and she did — the sound had caused Henry to jump up in fright and Kim smirked mischievously and Henry grumbled something under his breath, noting that it was karma.

They had just finished the table read for the cartoon and their work had been great.

"Well?" Henry questions for feedback.