3: Year

§ Marinette §
Year

You know I really thought that being away in China for a year would've included me bringing grace from my origin country.

Oh boy, how wrong was I.

It felt like slow motion as I gaze at the old grey, dull floor upon my eyes. Luckily, I was- no- I am Ladybug. Meaning, I had to have some reflexes.

And luckily-

THUMP

And luckily, my feet were clearly not cooperating with my brain.

Sarcasm. Please do not the sarcasm.

I groan as I hit my head on the ground but it was quite okay, considering it was just a soft blow since Tikki managed to slam dunk a pillow on my damn nose.

"Marinette!" Tikki yelled worriedly while I chuckled at my pure clumsiness.

One thing hasn't changed. And it was my ability to somehow trip on air. Hey! People call it clumsy while I label this trait as being hated by air.

"Marinette?"

Oh that's right. I just fell and....my face is still planted on the pink pillow. How did I even chuckle at this position?

I slowly got up and crouched by sitting on the pillow that had been on my face. I rubbed my head and sighed in relief as I did not feel any pain at all.

Once I looked up, I gulped as a certain kwami was crossing her arms. Finally able to see my face away from the pillow.

"Marinette, how do you even do that?"

She deadpanned and gestured to the air that seemed to make me trip. I played with the strand of my hair.

"Ummm....because the air has had a mutual hatred towards me?"

She blinked for a second and laughter erupted from her red lips, I mean, her body is red but a black spot is on her forehead.

"I see, you've achieved sense of humor"

She shook her head chuckled while gesturing for me to get up. And I did.

"Are you excited?"

She asked as we unpacked the boxes. I took a sniff and smiled since I was finally back to the room, the house and the city that I grew up in.

"I'm not sure. Oh and I also didn't tell Alya"

She rose an eyebrow while I imagined an angry Alya or a relief Alya or a crying Alya. She could either be one of those or even all of those.

After a couple of hours and hardwork. My room had become what it was before. Pink walls, pink bed and of course, my desk and balcony.

Me and Tikki yawned at the same time and had teary, tired eyes. I changed and clumsily face planted on my bed.

"Night Tikki"

"Goodnight Marinette"

With that, we fell asleep.

Pfft, I wonder how my friends are gonna react once I'm back.

Alya, she would either hug me for my presence or choke me for keeping such damn surprise.

Nino, he'd probably be the one to stop Alya from choking me or run to the store to buy Alya some ice cream as she balls her eyes out.

And.. Adrien. A name that would've made my heart beat faster and my stomach flutter but right now, I only feel excited to surprise a friend.

Yeah, you read it right. A friend.

I've realized that during my training in China. My uncle told me those signs of him seeing me as a friend and told me to let go.

And I did. For the sake of stop hurting myself and stop giving myself some false hope. Don't get me wrong, it's still there but it's merely a quarter of it now.

I suppose this will do some good for both of us and it should.

Who am I missing?

Chat Noir

How could I forget my partner through ups and downs. My partner who I trusted as a whole and my partner who would've sacrifice his life for me by a little butterfly.

But even so, I appreciate those gestures from that black kitty.

Telling him that I'd be gone for a year was heartbreaking for both of us. It was also exhausting to have new partner who was Kagami.

Yes I gave her my Miraculous and before you start pointing out like "If you gave her your miraculous then how is Tikki with you?"

Well, Master Fu made a spell that Kagami can transform to Ladybeetle (She made that) but without a kwami. Making Tikki be with me because Tikki made a scene about missing me. So yeah, the master had to listen to a fuming Kwami.

I laughed.