18| Promised

Chapter 18: Promised (Blake's POV)

"You promised you won't interfere," she mumbled. 

I resisted a groan and dropped my hands from her waist. What I want to do right now, is say fuck you to Jonah and be as selfish as I possibly can. "I know what I said, but it's unfair. Because you get both of us." 

"I'm not in a relationship with both of you, okay? He's my boyfriend, Blake. That's it." 

"Then you'll stay away from me." 

"Blake." 

"I'm sorry, but I think you're underestimating how much it hurts to see the person you want with someone else." I seemed to have her at a loss of words. I wasn't planning on telling her that so bluntly or as a matter of fact, telling her at all. But my mouth can't keep shut when I'm losing my shit inside. 

"You promised," she whispered. 

"I promised to try... and I will. But I know it won't last. You keep saying you need time with Jonah, so take your time. But Hope, if it takes too long-" 

"You don't get to decide what 'too long' is in my relationship," she snapped. 

"I get to decide what it is in our relationship. I'm not gonna wait. In the end, you either want me or you don't. And if you don't, which is fine. If you don't, I'll be gone." 

"You're unbelievable," she scoffed, shaking her head in disappointment. She can't expect me to be happy for her and Jonah when I've got jealousy coursing in me. 

"I'm sorry, but I can't get over you, okay?" I sighed. She glared at me before stepping back and running upstairs, going into the guest room and closing the door. I huffed, contemplating what to do. It's quite literally like I lose control around her. 

Get it together, Blake. 

I don't really want to. Not right now anyway. What I want to do right now is just... kiss her. I've been hanging around with her for nearly two weeks now. And within those two weeks, she's become Jonah's girlfriend, my feelings for her have resurfaced, she's indirectly rejected me more than once, I've got urges to kiss her, and I've promised her I won't ruin her relationship. Even though that's exactly what the toxicity in me wants to do. Ruin her relationship with Jonah so she comes to me. But it'll hurt him and her. So I won't do it. 

I argued with myself about going up there. Jonah could walk into the guest room and his room is next door anyway. I can't risk it. I huffed, going over and lying down on the couch. After what felt like ages of my brain churning, I finally dozed off. 

I woke up the next morning to utter chaos surrounding me. I sat up slowly, grabbing my hoodie off the coffee table and pulling it over my head. "What is going on?" I asked, rubbing my eyes as Vince came over. 

"Uh, it's noon. So wake up. And we're decorating the house for Christmas. Jonah needed the help, we all offered."

"I'm going back to sleep," I said, falling back onto the couch. 

"No, you and Hope are the only ones still asleep and she just got up too. Get your ass up, wake yourself up, and be useful," he said, smacking my leg before leaving. 

I groaned, standing up and grabbing my bag. Jonah was running around the house, looking for something when I stopped him. "What bathroom can I use?" 

"The guest bathroom but uh, if Hope's in there then just use mine," he said absentmindedly. 

I just used his bathroom to avoid run-ins with Hope. I think it's best we keep it that way if we both want her to be happy. I freshened up and was coming back downstairs when I spotted Hope standing with Jonah, talking to him at the end of the stairs. I acted as ignorant as I could and continued making my way downstairs.