6| God

Chapter 6: God (Blake's POV)

"Can we take a break before the next movie please?" Willow sighed beside Vince. Hope turned the TV off for a while and everyone started stretching themselves out. That's three Christmas movies in a row. Looks like we're not saving any for the rest of the month. "Which way is your bathroom?" Willow asked. 

"Upstairs to the right. It's in the guest room." 

"Thanks." 

"I'm going to get something to eat, anyone need anything?" Jonah stood up. Nobody asked for anything. He grabbed onto Hope's hand, tugging her up to her feet. 

"No, I don't want to get up," she groaned. 

"Come on, come on, come on," he sang, taking her with him. 

I guess I'm in luck because I had a clear view of the kitchen. That was sarcasm. That makes me the most unlucky I've been in a while. Because I got a full show of him kissing her against the counter. 

"Stop staring, you make it too obvious," Vince said from beside me. 

"What?" I asked, turning to him. 

"You make it too obvious." 

"I make what too obvious?" 

"That you still like her," he sighed, looking at me. 

"I don't like her," I rolled my eyes. 

"Right, that's why I can smell the jealousy off of you. Blake, you could have reached out to her, you know. I mean, I get that you were mad at her for leaving, but you weren't any less stubborn. You didn't try talking to her once." 

"Why would I? She left willingly. I would only be bothering her." 

"So? At least you would have known that you tried and it wasn't your fault. What if you did reach out to her and were able to convince her to come back? This wouldn't be a problem then, would it? But you didn't even try, man. Now you're paying for it," he shrugged. 

"I'm not paying for anything. I'm not jealous of what she has with him. And anyway, what do you know?" 

"I'm like God right now, okay? I see it all. I know you, I know Jonah, and I know Hope. You forget I was friends with her too. I didn't come into town two years ago like Jonah, I've been here since the beginning with you." 

"Okay, God. just mind your own business," I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm just looking out for you." He put his hands up in surrender. "Just be careful. Don't ruin anything for anyone or with anyone." He shot me a pointed look. 

"Yeah, yeah," I said ignorantly, even though I knew damn well in my mind that he was right. I was head over heels for this girl. That too for years. There's no way I'll hold this grudge for long enough with her here. Just seeing her makes me want to give into my senses and forgive her and build our relationship back up. But she was wrong in doing what she did. I'm not saying I was right. I was wrong too. Not reaching out, not trying to bring her back, not checking on her. But she left. And that's the biggest cop-out. 

We were all here to help her get through it, she's the one who couldn't take it. Which I understand but just leaving everything behind you and running away isn't what one should do. It isn't what she should have done. She should have fought through the pain because I know she could have. She just cowered away from it. 

"Dude, get up. I want the couch. I've been sitting on this single chair forever. Come on, switch," I said, standing up and stretching my arms over my head.