Full ownership

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I walked inside Sabini's club with a confident stride. My feet carried me towards a table that had two occupients. They were making out and soon enough they would get more sexual. I stepped behind them while they continued their little game. I cleared my throat and the two looked up at me, the female recognized me. "Pack it in and leave" I told them. The female quickly grabbed the males hand ready to leave the table but the male slammed his fist on the table and stood up right in my face. He probably expected me to back down, but just because he is taller than me doesn't mean he intimidates me. He looked down at me. "No woman has or will ever tell me what to do". I looked up at him "Trust me. That will change today". He taunted me and sat back down. I chuckled at him and shook my head. "Wrong fucking choice" I said and grabbed my gun and pointed it at his head. The female immediatly left the table, leaving the man alone. I could see the color in his face drain as soon as I loaded the gun. "Now get out of my chair" I sneered at him. He quickly got to his feet and scurried away as I followed him with the gun. When he was out of my vision I lowered the gun and put it back in my coat. I looked around and saw everyone watching me, I ignored them all and sat down. I saw a waitor walk past me and I waved them over. He stepped beside me "bottle of Scotch please" I told him. He nodded and soon walked to the bar. While I waited for my drink I saw Charles 'Darby' Sabini walk towards me. He sat down in front of me. "I apologize for my cousin Ms Shaw. Peter, well uh, he likes to get in trouble" Charles said to me. I saw the waitor come to our table. He wanted to pour my drink but I put my hand up signaling I could do it myself. He nodded and put it down. "Well it seems like Peter doesn't even know who I am" I said while I poured myself a drink and side eyed him. "And to me that is really disrespectful considering he is your cousin, Darby". I watched him tense at the mention of being disrespected. "So are you going to do something about it or?" I asked him raising an eyebrow. "I can talk to him?" He offered me. I sighed "just talking? I don't think that will cut it". "You know I can retire with racing my horses, right? This means you will loose about 72% of your racing income and considering you don't make enough with your clubs, you'll go down once other gangs find out about your losses. So you need to give me a little bit more than I can talk to him" I said and moved my head to the side and folded my hands in each other. Just by simply using money as a threat I become untouchable. He can't kill me because of this threat and he knows this all to well. No matter what he will do to me he can loose a big amount of income, so the only option for him is to make a deal with me that I can benefit from. "We can give you protection?" He offered. I chuckled "last time I was under your protection I almost got killed by one of your men". He groaned and I saw him think for a moment. "What about this club?" He asked me. I shifted in my seat as he got my interest. "What about it?". "I'm willing to give you full of ownership of this club, in return you will leave my cousin alone and keep racing on the South Tracks". I thought for a moment. "If I get to keep the same alcohol suppliers you'll have a deal" I offered him. I watched him think and then he waved someone over, it was the manager of this specific club. "Yes, Sir?" he askes looking at Sabini. "We came to terms that I would give her full ownership of this club. So mset your new boss Adira Shaw" Darby explained. I smiled after hearing him tell the head of the staff. The manager turned to me and extended his hand after a moment. I took it and shook it "Phil Wilson" he said telling me his name "Adira Shaw". I looked back at Darby Sabini. "Pleasure doing business with you, Darby" I said to him and gave him a friendly smile. "I hope I still can get free drinks when I come here" Darby replies while looking around his past club. It never was one of the top clubs so it was easy to give me ownership. But it was one of the first clubs he opened, so I understood why it was hard for him. "Of course. Every drink you or your men order will be from the house" I said to him. After our deal was made the tension between us was gone. We went back to our friendly small talk and had a calm uneventfull night. I guess my previous statement of not being interested in owning a club went out the window. I actually didn't mind the offer, I'll make more money from this club.

Published: 10th of December 2020