The Lee's

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I inspected the bullet that had my last name carved into it. I found this funny that my first name couldn't fit on the small bullet so the Lee's had to resort to my last name. I knew I would have trouble as soon as my knife made contact with the Lee member. I had this bullet for a week now. I placed the bullet on my desk and ran my hands over my face and hair in furstration. Ruth walked into my office to have lunch with me. "Not now Ruth" I sighed not needing any company at the moment. "Eh Im not here for our lunch" she said and leaned against the door frame. I looked up at her waiting for her explaination. "There is a female with a child at the Commyr who needs help". The Commyr is the building where the females and kids can sleep. It's basically this huge motel that was abandoned years ago. I bought it so the females have a safe place. I sighed "help? What kind of help?" I asked her, "two days ago someone had almost raped her. Thankfully some of us where close by and eliminated him" Ruth explained. I nodded my head before standing up and grabbing my coat. I was going to meet the lady and make sure she is alright.

Me and Ruth arrived at the Commyr. We walked inside and I saw a lot of females with their kids enjoying some nice lunch. Kids running after each other playing tagg or hide and seek. Lidia walked to us and led us to the female. She was sitting on a wooden bench holding her son close to her body. "Hello my name is Adira" I softly spoke. She looked up and I could tell she had been crying. "Mina and this is Jacob" she said with a shaky voice. "Can we do anything for you and Jacob?" I asked as I squatted down in front of her. "I just want to go home to my family" she answered, "can you tell me who they are? Maybe I know them" I replied to her. "We are the Lee family". Well shit. I sighed. She was to scared to walk the street alone so I decided to go along with her.

We arrived at the campsight from the Lee's where I had visited a couple weeks ago. I was a bit nervous. Who wouldn't be. They had declared a war against me. I watched as Jacob let go of his mothers hand and run to someone else. It was an old looking female. She embraced the child and soon Mina followed her son and called out to her mother. She was hugged by her while I stayed back while Mina explaines who I was. Soon enough the mother noticed me and walked towards me with her hands stretched out. She embraced me and thanked me loudly. I relaxed a bit but it didn't hold for long. "Shaw!" I heard a loud male voice. I turned to the sound and saw the head of the Lee family walk up to me anger written on his face as he held a gun at me. "You have a death wish?" He snapped at me and loaded the gun with a simple click. Before he could push the gun against my forehead or pull the trigger, Mina's mom stepped in front of me. "Dont you dare" she sneered. He looked from me to her in total confusion. "Get the hell out of my way" he growled at her, "so you can kill the one who took care of your daughter and grandson after almost being raped". I was not the one who saved her but I'll keep my mouth shut. The Lee members head snapped to his daughter. She nodded and started to cry. His face softened and he quickly walked away from me and to her to embrace her. I let out a breath I didn't knew I was holding. Soon he walked back to me and laid his hand on my shoulder. "I'm very gratefull for your help. Do you still have the bullet with your name?" He asked me. I nodded and retrieved it from my pocket showing him it. He grabbed it and threw it into the river behind him. I chuckled and thanked him. So the war between the Lee's is over for me.

Couple days later

I met Tommy, his brothers and some of the Peaky men. "What? What are you all staring at me for?" John asked looking around, "let's go" Tommy said walking past us. "Tommy what you playing at? We in shotgun range" John said. Poor lad doesn't know what is gonna happen. "John. Before you go into battle. There is something you gotta need" Tommy explained as all of the men pulled a white flower from their pockets. Arthur handed me the second flower he had retrieved. "What you bloody doing Tommy?" John asked unsure. "Smile John" Tommy started as he grabbed his face "it's a wedding". "Whose bloody wedding?" The lad asked his brother. Tommy explained that John was going to marry one of the Lee girls, who had gone a bit wild. She needed a husband and he needs a wife. He cussed Tommy out before trying to get away. Everyone held John in place and Tommy eventually succeeded in calming him down. "If you marry her. Our family and the Lee family will be united forever and this war will be over" Tommy explained, "it's up to you John. War or peace". John made his mind up. We walked up to two Lee's. "Adira! How are you honey" The female exclaimed loudly before hugging me. I hugged her back. "Not to bad" I said with a smile. Tom looked at me and cocked his head trying to find out what the bloody hell is going on.

Not long after John was a married man and there was a party going on. I walked over to Tommy and stretched out my hand. "Care to join me for a dance?" I asked him. But the prick politly declined. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand and pulled him to the dancefloor just to hear Polly say "go give him orders, Adira". Tommy rolled his eyes but accepted the dance. "You got peace before I did" he said whispering into my ear. "When you safe the head of the families daughter. Peace is what you get, sweetheart" I said and playfully winked at him.

Published: 5th of August.