Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know. The class looked full so I assumed everyone was already here."

"Where is the senior prefect boy for both schools? I need both of you out here now!" Principal exclaimed.

This is going to be fun. Wahala be like absent S.S.S. 3 boys.

The class was filled with murmurs as everyone looked around the class. None of both senior boys were in class. People began to ask themselves where the guys went to. I looked at Lydia and Jetemi who were already looking in my direction.

"Where are the guys? Fiyin and the other three?" I mouthed to them.

"I don't know too. I didn't see them in the dining sef." Jetemi whispered.

"Wahala." Lydia said and giggled. This is going to cause a big issue if the Proprietor finds out. When did we even resume to the hostel that they've started flouting the rules?

"Be like bicycle." I completed Lydia's sentence and both of them laughed. The class was already noisy so there was no way they could point us out for laughing or noisemaking of any sort.

"Where are all the boys?!" Principal exclaimed with a look of anger on his face. Our Principal doesn't get angry. In fact, this would be the first time since I got to TEC that I'll see him get angry. The class went silent immediately. "Where are the SSS3 boys?" He asked again. When he didn't get any reply, he looked around the class and when he got to the first row, his gaze was on us.

"Jetemi." He called.

"Sir." Jetemi replied immediately and stood up. "Sir."

"Where is the senior prefect boy?" He asked, his hands folded and his eyes on her.

"Sir. . . I haven't really seen him today since after the early morning exercise that we did together on the field."

"He wasn't in the dining?"

"Sir, I didn't. . ." She trailed off and turned to look at Lydia and I.

"The guys didn't come to the dining when we were there." I replied.

"Really? So they didn't have breakfast either?" Principal asked as he shifted his gaze from Jetemi to me.

"Yes sir."

"Good." Then he turned to face the class. He motioned to Jetemi to have her seat and she sat down. "Senior girl of Great Leaders?"

"Sir." A voice answered. I looked at the back towards the direction the voice came from to see who the person is. It was the Ife that came with Bomi on the first day and the hall scattered. I didn't even know she's the senior girl. She stood up and faced the Principal.

"Where is your senior prefect boy?"

"I haven't seen him today at all, not even on the field this morning." Ife replied.

"Good. What's your name?"

"Ifeoluwa Adams." She replied.

"Adams, Jetemi, Teniola, come out here."

Ah, what's my own now? Am I the senior girl? Why did I even answer his questions earlier sef?