2 // Heavy fists and hearts.

TRIGGER WARNING:

VIOLENCE, MINOR EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

Shuichi Saihara, 7:07am

It's a sunny and breezy day as I'm skipping to school cheerfully and grinning from side to side. After such a long time of feeling despair, I for once felt excited to go back to school. Yesterday would not leave my mind. I never expected for us to get along so well. Sure, me and Kokichi didn't chat much, but there was obviously a connection! My heart skips a beat whenever I think about him. I wanted to get to school quickly so I can see him again. Fate was on my side, after all.

Unexpectedly, my ears caught the sound of some gruff voices yelling, although they sounded like teenagers. I glanced around, wondering where the voices were coming from.

"I SAID, HAND OVER YOUR F*CKING PHONE AND WALLET! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"

They were in the alleyway that I passed by. Because of my curiosity peaking and my instincts luring me in, I walked over to the said alleyway. 

I cautiously peaked inside the dark path. I stopped dead in my tracks. I felt my hands trembling and my eyes increasingly getting wider. 

It was a group of tough looking delinquents cornering a bloodied Ouma. One of them was holding him up by the collar of his shirt. My blood boiled even more every time that disgusting delinquent spat out curses in Ouma's pleading face. 

"Huh? Who's this?" 

A skinnier guy of the group noticed me, grabbing the attention of the rest. I gulped but held the courage to stare him dead in the eye. 

"Scram, kid. Unless you wanna get the same treatment as this guy."

He pointed at Ouma with his thumb. All of them were snickering as the one handling Ouma slammed him hard against the wall. Ouma was weakly reaching out to me, the life in his red and tearful eyes visibly about to give out.

I couldn't just stand around here. I just couldn't after he looked at me that way. I would rather get stabbed in the chest fighting for him.

Without realising, my body moved on its own. I had landed a swift punch to the skinny man's jaw, resulting in him falling on the floor with a yelp of pain. Now they had their full attention on me, with somewhat annoyed expressions. 

My fists tightened, feeling no pain after that punch. My legs wobbled a bit as I positioned myself in a fighting stance, but the amount of anger and adrenaline made me feel like I could take them all out.

"Let go of him right now."

The seemingly group leader guy dropped Ouma to the ground. He stomped over to me, dragging Ouma along by the hair as his guys giggled. Ouma's desperate screams were something I never wanted to echo in my head again. 

"Or what?" He bitterly barked in my face with a grin.

Without a second thought, I punched him in the gut with all the force I had. He started hacking, small amounts of blood splattering from his coughs. He slowly fell to his knees with a dark and shocked expression. I quickly grabbed Ouma's wrist, yanking his small figure into my embrace. After a shaky sigh, I pushed him outside of the alley, ushering him to go. He just watched me with a broken and concerned expression.

I gasped, feeling a sharp pain in my hip, helplessly falling on the ground. He had punched me, quickly getting back up and clenching his abdomen.

"For a small f*cker you sure pack a punch huh? Fun time's over."