Love at First Letter - 13

Start bij het begin

"We were just hanging out, he took me to his grandmother's bookshop the other day down town. It's amazing in there."

"So that's where all the new books came from." Johanna snaps her fingers.

"You've been in my office?" I ask her. "Why were you in my office?" I wasn't a big fan of people just randomly going in my office, even if it was my roommates. If I wasn't in there I didn't want anyone else to be.

"I was just going in there because I had run out of sticky notes and I needed some more. You are addicted to those things, I knew you would have some." She explained. "So back to the original topic, Logan Parker."

"What about him?"

"What do you think about him? He is pretty cute." Cara said to me.

"He is cute, but I don't think of him as anything but a friend. He's more like an annoying older brother. We're just going to write our book together, hopefully stay friends. There's nothing more going on, I promise."

"So that means I can go after him." Cara says, wiggling her eyebrows with her mouth stuffed with ice cream and whip cream. "And you wouldn't mind."

"I definitely wouldn't mind."

"Of course you wouldn't," Johanna began, "because you have your eyes stuck on a certain pen pal. I've seen the way you smile at his letters."

"They're just letters and he's funny of course I would smile. I don't even know what he looks like."

"You don't have to know what someone looks like to fall for them. You call fall in love with just their words and their personality, you can fall in love with their soul."

Cara sticks her spoon into the tub of ice cream and starts to clap. "And the award for wisest words, goes to Johanna! Congradulations for being a walking Tumblr post." I laugh at her. "I'm serious, that sounds like something on one of those quotes you would see with the cute Tumblr couple in the background." Cara snaps her fingers, "That's it, you got that from Tumblr didn't you!"

"No I didn't, I actually just came up with that."

"Sure you did."

I laugh at my friends as they bicker back and forth. But her words kept repeating in my head. Sure I knew you didn't need to know what somebody looked like to fall in love with them. And I knew I wasn't in love with Brett. We've spent the last few months writing letters back and forth but we weren't in love. That definitely wasn't the case. But I did like Brett, he was a sweet guy, that much I knew. Could I see myself falling for Brett? That I didn't know.

Always expect the unexpected. Everyone always says that, but how do you expect something that doesn't seem likely to happen? How did I know that people would blow my situation out of proportion. It was all over youtube, it was all over the internet, and it was even on the gossip shows on tv.

All over, there were pictures of Logan Parker and I. There were pictures of us when we first met, when we went out to lunch together and evening walking out and into his grandmother's bookshop with him holding most of my bags. There were articles about our rumored relationship, the experienced Fantasy novelist and the debut author just making a name for herself.

I slammed my computer shut, rubbing my temples and groaning when my cellphone starts to ring. I knew it was going to be Sarah. "Hello."

"I guess you've seen the news." Sarah says to me. "We have a meeting with Logan and his agent in thirty minutes. I've been trying to get a hold of you for an hour now. Please get here as soon as you can. We have a lot to discuss."