"My boss was so angry when he'd heard that Crush's staff had taken down the article straight away, they'd even threatened to sue."

San pouts at his friends unfortunate fate. "Don't blame yourself Wooyoung, it happens, take this as a sign that you weren't supposed to work in that company, you'll find a new company that would be more than happy to hire you"

"Yeah but I wrote about Crush! The most famous multi millionaire make up company, they're going to make sure I can never work again!"

Yunho smiles, dragging Wooyoung down to the couch, handing him a pizza slice "don't be so dramatic! why would crush care about that, they just took down one false article and that's that, they won't remember who you are. Luckily they took it down before it spread." Wooyoung sighs, he supposes Yunho is right, he should focus his energy on finding a new job instead of wallowing in self pity.

~

After a week, you could say that Wooyoung is... on a roll, he had applied to four different news agencies and was feeling pretty optimistic about them. They were all perfect and he didn't mind going to any of them. Now he just had to wait.

Wooyoung treats himself with a nice new laptop to write his articles and research on, he's proud of himself for not letting his previous failure get the better of him. Wooyoung likes to move on.

Except...

It's been a week now and still no replies from any of the places he'd applied to, not even any rejections. It makes him anxious, Yunho had told him not to worry and be reassured that there are no rejections at least.

But Wooyoung can't act that simply and patiently so he calls one of the places he'd applied to. They pick up quickly, giving him hope that things would work out. But it doesn't.

Wooyoung asks about his application and why he hasn't gotten a response when he was supposed to three days ago. The woman on the line sounds friendly, "Oh I'm so sorry about that, can I get your name?"

"Jung Wooyoung"

Wooyoung isn't sure if he was imagining things or not, but it sounded like a gasp coming from the other end of the call. He notices the woman stuttering "I- I'm sorry, but your application has been rejected". Hearing the uneasy tone of her voice, Wooyoung panics, she sounded like she was about to hang up abruptly.

"Wait! Can i ask why?" he asks, but there's no response.

He glances at his phone and she hasn't hung up yet, why was she acting so strangely? "Hello? Are y-"

"I apologise, but I am not aware of the reason why your application has been rejected by us, we wish you all the best with oth-"

"I think you do know, you sound like you do, why cant you tell m-"

"Jung Wooyoung, Sir, I can assure you that I do not know, w-why do you even want to know?" Wooyoung is getting annoyed with the way she keeps on interrupting him, he is so done with this.

"You're going to tell me not, or I'm going to go there myself and get the answer!"

"NO! Wait!" There we go. Wooyoung sighs frustratedly, why is this person making this more complicated than it should be?