T H R E E

TW!! SERIOUS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AHEAD!! ALSO VERY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF TORTURE!! READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END, IT SHOULD EXPLAIN A FEW THINGS THAT OCCUR IN THIS CHAPTER...

THE DIM LIGHTS felt blinding. The gloomy light gleamed overhead, forcing me to quickly shut my half-lidded eyes.

"No, don't open them!"

"Don't open your eyes!"

Shivers gradually trailed down my body as I released a demoralized breath that seemed to flow in quivering rhythms.

"You mindless idiot!"

"Such a fool!"

"Always such a fool!"

I could physically feel them wandering.

I'm sure their beady eyes glared darkly into my small frame, watching me intently with their predominant orbs.

After a deep breath and a spark of withering courage, I peeked my eyes open once more.

"No!"

"Stop! Don't open them!"

It was blurrier than usual yet, in a way, I could still make it out.

Doctors with giant masks and fluffy dark blue scrubs gazed at me heavily from above. They were like statues, not daring to move an inch.

"They hate you."

"They don't want your death to be quick like we do."

"Only you can make this right..."

It was only until I looked down that I quickly shut my eyes, wishing that I was anywhere other than here. I released raspy and raw breaths from my lungs over and over in a deplorable manner.

I internally started to panic as my hands began to shake.

'No, no, no, no, no, no...'

My mind seemed to freeze with wild apprehensiveness, my breaths beginning to pace more erratically. This couldn't be real, there was no way. It had to be a dream, no, a nightmare.

"Of course you'd think this is a dream!"

"You really are stupid aren't you."

"You're no good, you're nothing."

"It has to be quick!"

The doctor's gloved hands were coated almost fully with my black anomalous blood. I began to feel the large lumps that started to form inside my throat, making it difficult to breathe.

I looked back down at my chest, and I could easily see my dark grey heart which laid in between my pale breasts, the shiny grey retractor easily dividing the muscle above it.

"Hello, Bree. Glad to see you're awake, we were just about to start our examination." One of the doctors spoke. Once I got a good look, my breath was caught in my throat.

Their eyes, they had none.

It was as if they'd all been shucked out by a spoon.

The deep vibration of his voice passing through the mask filled the large spacious room in muffled tones.

"You're so helpless, it's pathetic."

"It would've been easier if you'd done it."

"Just a pathetic little girl who knows nothing!"

I started to shake and shimmy in the large chair, in some form of frantic hysteria. I was desperate to get away from my seemingly invisible restraints and somehow I still watched as the dark organ started to jiggle lightly in my chest every time I moved.