"Alright, well let me take you to his room."

"Oh my baby!" Mrs. Sanders cries upon seeing her bruised and beat up son. I don't get a chance to see his face due to his family blocking him but I hear him wince.

I turn towards Sara with confusion on my face, "Why wasn't I called as soon as he awoke?" She looks at me and shrugs.

"Reagan, I'm not his nurse-- Alena is." She replies with an annoyed sigh causing me to frown.

Alena is, let's just say she gets around a lot. And not to mention very, very rude. However, for as long as I have worked here, I never let her attitude get the best of me. I've kept my composure and always remained professional.

Right on time, she walks into the room. I quickly turn to her before asking, "Hey Alena, why wasn't I informed that Mr. Sanders was awake?"

She looks at me and scoffs making me raise an eyebrow in shock and confusion. That type of attitude is one of the reasons why so many people dislike hospitals. They don't trust it because some nurses and doctors are cruel and uncaring towards their patients.

It's sad, however I refuse to let anyone put my patients lives on the line.

"Because you didn't have to be. He's my patient.." She snaps, making everyone in the room look at her in surprise.

They all look to me in anticipation as they wait for me to speak. However, I point towards the door and wait for her to step out, before following her.

"This isn't a competition Alena. Here, in this hospital? We're a team. Yes, you are his assigned nurse. But I am his assigned doctor for the moment. I just operated on him, so his current condition concerns me. And please be more mindful as to how you speak to me especially in front of patients. Although I may not be your boss, I can certainly bring the fact that you are endangering a patients life up to Kenneth, our E.R. head nurse. I know that everyone can let their attitude get the best of them sometimes but you need to show some respect to your coworkers as well as the patient that you are working with."

She gapes in shock and embarrassment before rushing away from the room. I sigh in exhaustion before stepping back into the room with a smile plastered on my face.

"Yeah, its about time you put that girl in her place.." Sara cheers making everyone laugh, however, I scold her quietly.

Taking a deep breath, I turn around to face everyone. My eyes finally see what my patient looks like and widen as I see who it is.

My face drains of color and my eyes scan each of his family members faces. I refrain from touching my stomach where the baby--that we made together--laid.

"Its you.." He whispers, his eyes wide.

Kayden

Groaning, I open my eyes only to be blinded by bright lights. My body aches as I try to sit up. Confusion fills me, not knowing where I am.

"Hi Mr. Sanders, I'm Alena. I'm your nurse. I'm actually very surprised to see you awake so soon." A blonde nurse says, walking into the room.

"W-what, what happened?" I ask, finally managing to find the button to sit me up.

When she looks at me, her whole demeanor changes. Sending me a flirty smile she purrs, "You were in a car accident. Your injuries were minor but you had a metal imbedded into your side so you had to have surgery and a blood transfusion."

Once again, I groan as the pain hits me in waves, "Do you think I can get some pain medication?"

"Sure thing sexy.. I'll be back." She says, sending me a wink before walking out and swaying her hips in an exaggerated manner. I shiver in disgust at her desperate attempts.

I lean back only to wince in pain when something hugs me. Looking down I see my mother squeezing me and everyone else flooding the room. I see the head of the doctor as she speaks to Sara.

As I speak to my family, I hear someone snap, "Because you didn't have to be. He's my patient.." My family and I all look up in surprise, spotting my nurse, Alena, speaking to the doctor.

We watch as the doctor gestures to step outside. However, we still heard her reply to the creepy nurse, "This isn't a competition Alena. Here, in this hospital? We're a team. Yes, you are his assigned nurse. But I am his assigned doctor for the moment. I just operated on him, so his current condition concerns me. And please be more mindful as to how you speak to me especially in front of patients. Although I may not be your boss, I can certainly bring the fact that you are endangering a patients life up to Kenneth, our E.R. head nurse. I know that everyone can let their attitude get the best of them sometimes but you need to show some respect to your coworkers as well as the patient that you are working with."

The doctors voice sounds so familiar but I just couldn't figure out why. I heard rapid footsteps echoing down the hall before the doctor steps back in the room. I felt drawn to her immediately and couldn't help the sigh of annoyance when she still didn't face me.

"Yeah, its about time you put that girl in her place.." Sara cheers making us all laugh and the doctor scolds her quietly.

Finally, she turns around and my breath is taken away. I couldn't believe what, or rather who, I was seeing in front of me. My heartbeat went onto overdrive causing everyone in the room to become alert.

I swallow as I look down in embarrassment. However, I quickly look back at her again with wide eyes, "It's you."

She stares back, just as shocked as me. However, her face loses all color before her eyes shoot towards each person fearfully. I watch her reaction, a little confused.

"Um, honey.. What are you talking about?" My mom asks while resting a hand on my shoulder.

I look away from the mysterious beauty in front of me with a huge smile on my face, "Mom it's her. The one I've been looking for!"

My family looks at me in shock and happiness before looking towards Reagan with the same emotions.

Reagan.

I found her..

Reagan

I found him..

Oh shit.

C O M M E N T

V O T E

F O L L O W