Overprotective...(Unedited)

Chapter 10.

[Reagan]

I stared at the man in the front door in shock. His smirking face looked towards Kayden before it drifted to me and when it did, his jaw dropped.

"Re-reagan?" He breathes out in shock as he takes a step over the threshold. I shake my head and step back as Kayden looks between us in confusion. "Reagan.."

Kayden steps forwards and lays a hand on his chest, "Woah, Antonio. What is going on here? How do you know Reagan?"

"Reagan was my best friend..." Antonio informs as he glances at me again. "And my first love.." I shake my head and glare into his eyes with disgust.

"What? You mean, this is the Reagan that you always talked about?" Kayden asks in shock and wide eyed. Antonio nods in response before trying to walk towards me again. However, Kayden presses a hand to his chest and pushes him back, "Stop right there. I don't care if you have had a history with her but she is mine. Okay?"

Antonio let's out a cold laugh and I flinch at the familiar sound, "Yours? I don't think so cousin.. She has been and always will belong to me."

"Toni, she's pregnant with my child and is living in our home. She is the mother of our child and my soon to be wife. I do not appreciate you coming to my home and trying to take what is mine. If you so much as breathe on her, I swear it will be me you have to deal with it. Is that understood?" His deep, possessive voice sends shivers down my spine and they definitely weren't the bad kind. If you know what I mean. *wink* *wink*

Antonio raised his hands in the air and stepped back out of the house, "Alright, alright.. I just came by to inform you that your mother is hosting a dinner and wanted me to come stop by. Now I see exactly why she insisted it be in person. Always the bragger, that one."

"Alright then, consider us informed. Now leave." I spoke up from the back and glared at him when he looks at me.

A smirk spread across his disgusting face as he nodded, "Still feisty as ever I see? See you later gattino." (Kitten~Italian)

With a wink, he walks away while whistling a tune. I flinch as Kayden slams the door behind him and begins muttering in Italian. Standing silently, he finally looks up before stalking towards me. Before I could react, he pulls me into his arms and hugs me tightly.

"You're mine."

I don't say anything and just hug him back trying to find comfort. His body is warm and comfy making me snuggle closer to him. I feel his chest vibrate as he chuckles silently but he holds me a little tighter.

"What happened between you two anyway?" He whispered to me causing me to pull out of the hug and hide my face. Tears were burning my eyes but I refused to let them fall. "Hey, hey.. Look at me."

He grasped my chin and lifted my face, when he sees my watery eyes he sucks in a sharp breath. "I don't think I'm ready to tell you.. What happened between us isn't something I am fond of talking about. But I promise I will tell you one day. Just please... Can I have a hug?"

I sniffle as he pulls me back into his arms and it makes me smile. His warmth makes me feel safe and comforted.

"Come on, let's go finish our dinner, yeah?" He tells me making me smile and nod. Taking his outstretched hand, I let him lead me to the dining room.

We sat down and ate, laughter and stories were shared. It almost seemed as if the previous scene had not taken place however I knew that was not the case.