iv. chaos

— "YOU look nice

— "YOU look nice." Daryl mumbled.

After much convincing, Remmi got Daryl to leave the house. It was just the two of them with Andy between them. The little girl kept a smile on her face as she asked to be swung in the air every few seconds.

"What?" Remmi retorted, stifling a laugh. She wore blue jeans with a white t-shirt. A yellow jacket laid on top as it accented the white shirt well. It was simple. Just the way she liked.

Her long, brown hair was tucked behind her ears. She knew Daryl liked it that way. Out of her face, but down around her shoulders.

"Are you gonna make me say it again, woman?"

"As a matter of fact," Remmi smirked, "Yes."

Daryl rolled his eyes. "Just for that, I ain't sayin' it again."

"Up, please!" Andy called.

With that, the two adults swung their niece up in the air.

As they neared the front of the gate, the run crew walked through the gates. The three of them were far enough away that they couldn't hear whatever Aiden, Deanna's eldest, was saying.

It was clear that Glenn, nor Tara, was the happiest with the two brothers.

"What's that about?" Remmi mumbled as she scooped Andy up in her arms. Daryl's hand that was holding the young child's instinctively went to his side, guarding the knife that was placed in its holster.

"No clue. Stay behind me." He told his wife. While his tone was protective and harsh, Remmi's first reaction was to not listen. However, for whatever the reason, she had forgotten that she had an extra body to take care of and keep safe.

Staying behind Daryl, both Remmi and her husband tried to listen in on the conversation. It looked as if Aiden wanted to take a swing at Glenn. If anything, the two Dixon's were proud of how Glenn was handling the situation. As Daryl put it ever so kindly, the china-man had come a long way since Atlanta.

"What is going on here?" Deanna spoke, her tone loud and calm, all the while keeping a stern, motherly tone.

Aiden huffed, smirking as he answered his mother, "Glenn, here, has a problem with the way we do things."

Oh, how Remmi wanted to slap the look off of Aiden's face. Glenn was like a brother to her. The eldest Monroe would have hell to pay if he continued to speak about the Korean man the way he was.

"Why'd you even let these people in here?" Aiden asked. It was loud enough for the gathering crowd to hear. A comment neither Glenn or Daryl appreciated.

Calmly, Glenn replied, "Maybe it's because we actually know what we're doing out there."

With that, Aiden swung his fist at Glenn. The man had quickly dodged the punch, clocking Aiden in the face with a closed fist.

As the eldest brother fell to the floor, Daryl realized that the other Monroe had already made a move towards Glenn. Immediately, Spencer was down on the ground like his brother, this time at the hands of Daryl Dixon.

Rick emerged from the gate, Carl close behind him. By this point, Maggie had finally emerged from the Monroe's house, watching the scene unfold.

Remmi had shielded Andy's eyes from the sight as Rick held a hand on Daryl's vest.

"What happened?" Maggie asked Remmi who let out a breath.

"Your husbands a badass, that's what happened." Remmi answered.

Maggie only sighed. Given the reply, she realized she didn't need to know what happened.

Tara stood beside Maggie, a grin on her face.

"I second that." She snickered, causing a smile to form on Remmi's face. Tara nudged Maggie, wiggling her eyebrows at her. This only caused Maggie to smile, but only after rolling her eyes to the back of her head.

"I want everyone to hear me, okay?" Deanna began, "Rick and his people are apart of this community now. In all ways and as equals. Understood?"

The older woman gave a sharp glare to her son.

"Understood." He mumbled, continuing to play the macho role.

Deanna nodded. "All of you turn in your weapons," She then pointed to her sons, "After that, you two come talk to me."

When mostly everyone had dispersed only a few of their group remained.

Deanna then proceeded to tell Rick and Michonne she wanted them to be the community constables.

"Cwon-stables." Andy babbled, causing the group to smile.

At Deanna's request, along with Rick and Michonne's acceptance, Daryl scoffed. The man hadn't been given a job yet which had clearly upset him.

"We've got it. Right, Andy?" Remmi smiled after nodding at the look Rick had given her to go and talk Daryl down.

Later that night, Rick came down the stairs from his house in uniform. Everyone had been gathered for dinner, looking to see what it looked like on him.

Shocked had been the common expression amongst the fifteen or so of the people.

"What in the world are you wearing?" Rosita asked, causing the group to erupt in laughter.

"Seriously." Remmi mumbled, "You look like a mall-cop."

Rick only laughed along with them, walking outside to where Daryl stood.

"Does this mean we're staying?" Sasha asked, leaning up from her spot on the couch.

Michonne shrugged, "I guess so."

"Alright," Maggie began, "Who else wants to see Michonne in her uniform?"

The group only had smiles on their faces now, mumbling in agreement that they wanted to see Michonne in a grey button down and brown tie.

published unedited

WORDSFROM-ANGRYBRUCE
honestly, just a filler as i'm trying to
get back into the swing of things. i
finally went back to work and i've
gotten hit with two 13 hour shifts this
week. i'm dying to say the least lol

anyways, constructive criticism is
always welcomed!!

love you guys! 💗