He didn't answer. He just sighed and turned his head toward me. "I'll tell you later-"

"Seriously?" I interrupted. "You're going to use that card on me?"

He chuckled. "Yep. Love you," He pecked my cheek.

I scowled. "You can't keep these things away from me anymore." I smirked. "I'm more powerful than you. I can overpower you."

He lifted himself up to stare down at me. He raised a brow. "You can try,"

"Honey, I could pin you down with my hands tied behind my back." I winked.

He laughed. "Alright, I'll give you a week to learn to control yourself. Then we'll see who can pin who. Deal?"

I grinned. "Deal." I grabbed his hand and shook it. "Are you going to train me?" 

When he began to nod, a ringing sound filled my ears. I jumped up and stared toward the window. Something was telling me to go towards it. Like it was pulling me in... Like someone was calling me.

"Oh no," Gabriel whispered. "Ignore it."

I walked slowly toward the window without even thinking. "But... It's so alluring."

"That's because she's calling you," I opened the window. "Alexis!" 

I don't know what came over me but I jumped out. I landed easily which made me gasp. A flash came in my mind of when Tristan made me jump out the window and I had a heart attack. Weird how I did that without a second thought. I started walking toward the sound. I heard Gabriel land quite far behind me.

"Alex!!"

I looked over my shoulder at him. He was walking toward me with a frown so I started jogging. I was jogging like I was in a full out sprint. I smiled. I could go so much faster.

When I started to move my feet faster I held my breath just like when Tristan told me to. It seemed easier to hold my breath. Like I knew I could do it for longer. Everything became a blur. The trees were blurring past me as I dodged in and out. I could feel someone running behind me. Going on instincts I started to run faster. 

The ringing was getting closer so I started to slow. The person that was obviously Gabriel started to slow with me. 

I stopped running completely and looked around the unfamiliar forest. I started walking toward the ringing when Gabriel came up next to me and grabbed my arm. "Have you lost your damn mind? I know who's calling you but you don't. This could have been a trap for all you know."

"I don't think it's a trap."

"You didn't know that. It could have been."

I tried pulling my arm out of his grip but he tightened it. "Gabe, let go."

He stared at me. "No."

I concentrated on the burning inside me and moved it to my arm. I watched Gabriel pull his hand away fast and watched his face flinch. I frowned. "I'm sorry to do that but I asked you nicely. I didn't hurt you did I?"

"No."

"Good." I walked slightly faster and came into a clearing. I gasped but then scowled at who I saw.

I wasn't expecting to see her. Hell, I didn't even want to see her. There was a smug smile on her face as she her lips moved. I could see her lips form a word. As soon as I got a slight bit closer I could see that she was saying my name.

So that's how it works. They say my name and from afar, it comes out as ringing. 

"Alexis," She whispered when the ringing began to sound like a gentle buzz. 

"What the hell do you want, Maryanne?" I said as I stopped in front of her.

"I didn't actually think you'd come. I didn't know you knew about calling. Who told you?" She looked behind me and smiled. "Oh, my idiot of a brother. He must have explained it to you. Did you Gabriel?"

"Why did you call her?" He snapped as he stood next to me. 

Maryanne turned behind her. Both Gabriel and I looked past her to see Joseph walking towards us without a shirt on. I stared at his mark on the right side of his chest. He smiled at us both as he got closer

"What's going on?" Gabriel demanded.

He completely ignored Gabriel and stared at me. "Alexis... How are you?"

"I'm alright, I suppose."

He took a step forward and grabbed my left hand. He removed the bandage around from my hand and smiled at my mark. "Gorgeous."

"Joseph," Gabriel interrupted angrily. "Why did Mary call her?"

He dropped my hand and looked up at Gabe. "She needs some form of training."

"I was going to train her,"

"Well I am now," Mary stated smugly. "She'll learn more from me anyway." She turned to me. "Have you got your lighter?"

I nodded and took it out my pocket. Gabriel sighed deeply and moved to lay down on the grass. He looked completely pissed off and I knew I was going to have to make it up to him later on. Joseph sat next to him.

I flipped the top back and clicked it on. The flame flickered and waved. Maryanne took it and held it in front of me. "We're going to work on your manipulation. Every angel has the power to manipulate, some more than others like your crazy ass stalker for example. They can control a hell of a lot more than an average angel."

My face screwed up. "Yeah, I remember that."

She nodded. "Put your hand over the flame."

I did as she said.

"Now, close your eyes." I closed them. "And let the fire inside your veins consume you."

"Maryanne," Gabriel warned.

"Shh..." She hushed him. "I want to see how far she can lose herself."

A shiver racked through my bones as I let the heat course through my body. It felt relaxing. I felt... Powerful. I could feel a smile curve my lips.

I opened my eyes. 

The flame on the lighter had risen and was basically touching my hand. I lifted my hand and watched it follow. It was so weird; it was like it was dancing. I brought up my other hand around the flame. I took a step away from the lighter and watched the flame follow me.

A small shocked laugh escaped my lips. 

"Alexis," I heard Gabriel warn.

I ignored him let the flame grow bigger. The fire in my veins was getting hotter. I loved the feeling. I loved how in control I was. And I loved the hot burning liquid in my veins.

I moved my left hand in a circle and the other in a semi-circle. I watched the fire twist and stretch as my hands moved faster.