1: New Beginnings...

Authors note (2023) - LET ME REMIND EVERYONE:

That this was my very first story. I get comments here and there about stupid mistakes, I'm aware. I just don't have the time to go through it all. I have been editing very slowly throughout the years but won't be able to change a lot of detail because of the re-readers. But ENJOY!

_____________________________

14th January 2004  

5th Grade

"Come on, give it back!" I yelled at the annoying boys.  

They laughed and threw my new and amazingly awesome snow globe. My daddy got it for me for Christmas and I was stupid enough to bring it to school. It was empty on the inside but my dad said I could get something put in it.  

I ran to the boy holding my snow globe but he only threw it to one of his friends.  

"Give it!" I yelled on the verge of tears.  

One of the boys rolled there eyes. "Jeeze don't cry Alexis, stop being such a baby." He threw it to another boy.  

I sniffed. "I'm not crying."  

They all laughed. When one of them threw it again, someone who wasn't playing caught it. It was the new boy. I had no idea what his name was I just knew that he was new.  

"What are you doing?" He asked them.  

They all blinked at him. "Playing with Alex; we're having so much fun."  

The new boy turned to me and my eyes widened at the colour of his. He had bright blue eyes I'd never seen on anyone before. "She doesn't look like she's having fun."  

"That's because I'm not." I answered as I wiped my eyes.  

The new boy walked up to me, lightly grabbed my arm and started pulling me toward the shadows of the tree overhead. It was a great hot sunny day in North Carolina, as usual.

"Those boys are jerks," I mumbled.  

The new boy nodded.  

"What's your name anyway?" I asked him.  

He rubbed a hand through his dark brown hair. "I'm Gabriel Thomas. And you...?"  

"Alexis Gardiner,"  

He held his hand out and I shook and I smiled at him as I shook it. "Thanks for saving my snow globe." 

He looked at it and smiled a very dazzling smile. "It looks cool.  

"Thanks," He handed it to me and grinned wider. "Have you made any friends yet?"  

He frowned. "Not really. I haven't actually talked to anyone but you. So I'm hoping you would want to be..." He rubbed his head. "Friends?  

I laughed. "Sure! You helped save my snow globe! Of course I'll be your friend.  

He grinned. "Cool," The bell rang.  

We started walking towards class. "Do you want to sit next to me in class? There's an empty seat." 

He smiled wider. "Sure!"

I nudged him. "This is the start of a beautiful friendship, Gabriel."

6 years later...

6th September 2010