56: The Decision

What Could Have Been - Sting ft Ray Chen

_____________________________________________________

Alexis stepped outside of the cave and inhaled deeply. Everything in her being had changed. Her body felt as if it had been reborn again. She hadn't expected the change to be so enthralling, so captivating. 

She was unaware of the amount of attention she was gaining just from stepping out of the cave. She wasn't aware that the Elders were growing wary of her frame of mind. She wasn't aware of the audience watching both above and below. The Worlds were silent with anticipation. The forest had grown awfully still. The animals unmoving. The trees unmoving. The air charged with her power.

As the reddish moon overhead shone light onto the forest, the clouds that were covering the sky disappeared. Noise and movement of any kind had died when she stepped out of that cave.

Elijah and Grigori stared at her new appearance. To a human she would look no different. But to the eyes of an immortal she was a statue of pure perfection. A statue of power. Her eyes were an illuminating grey; her Mark had gotten a tad darker. Her sharp features were even sharper than before. Her eyes ready to kill any who got in her way. Her body vibrating, shaking with determination; her lips in a straight emotionless line. And her black wavy hair now reached beneath her waist.

She stared ahead as if the world wasn't in front of her. As if she were in an empty world and nothing mattered.

"Look at her Grigori." Eli said breaking the ear splitting silence. "Isn't she beautiful?"

Grigori sat up from his spot on a large rock. "She's intimidating." He replied stiffly. 

She'd heard him and purposefully directed her empty gaze to him.

He started to stand up slowly but couldn't bring himself to turn away from her. "What is she doing?"

Elijah laughed. "She's very persuasive."

"So, I see." Grigori started walking toward her like she'd wrapped a lasso around him and pulled. 
But then she turned away and he stopped. 

She observed the area briefly before turning her eyes onto Elijah.

Her words had resorted back to her first language: Enochian.

"What day is it?"

"31st of December." Elijah answered in the same language.

Her black brow rose almost to her hairline. "Year?"

"2010." 

"Time?"

"Almost quarter past eleven." 

"Perfect." She shrugged off her black shirt and dropped it to the floor leaving her in the white tank top. "And who are you?" She looked between Grigori and Eli.

"We are here to serve." Elijah bowed but Grigori scowled at him. "And we're expecting a few more... Friends to watch this historic event."

Alexis didn't miss a beat. Her glare turned to Grigori and he whimpered back a few steps. 
"I do not need you to serve. I know what I'm doing." She started to walk away.

Inside of Alexis, there were voices in her head that she didn't know what to do with. There were two sides to everything, even in her mind. 

A battle was brewing... She could feel it.

Elijah grabbed her arm and she immediately burnt him right off. 

He stumbled back in shock and said, "Lonny, you're making a mistake. There are Demons and Fallen Angels coming. And so are the Angels and Guards. They know you're close. Everyone knows."

"They are not my concern. They can do what they wish. I have things to do."

"If you don't take control of them--"

She turned on him. As she walked forward he started backing away. "As I have said, insignificant demon, this does not concern me. If I am the cause of this battle then so be it. But I am not getting involved. Fight your own battles."

"This is not my battle. It's yours." He insisted. "This has everything to do with you. This has to do with the Decision you are about to make." He stopped backing up and now they were nose to nose. "You know what to choose... Right?"

A very evil, very taunting smile planted on her lips. 

"Of course." She said. 

And with that, she started running. 

Eli and Grigori watched her leave.

Elijah burst into a fit of laughter. 

"We did it."

**

Gabriel's mind and soul was directed toward the one woman he loved. His hand unconsciously touched the gift she got for him for Christmas. He wanted to find her and shield her away from everything around her. He wanted to shake her for being stupid enough to run away to save Jayden.

When she had spoken earlier today and he'd turned and saw her, he'd thought he was dreaming. She looked unharmed, she looked safe. But the empty, emotionless look on her face had said otherwise.