The Daughter

At the song change, Spencer grinned and actually started to look like he was enjoying himself. Before long it was as if he actually knew what to do. 

He took my hips and we both swayed together; the pair of us yelling the song lyrics and laughing.

"Hey!" I grinned as I saw Derek and Penelope making their way towards us on the dance-floor.
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Penelope said in a short voice. I marginally narrowed my eyes but not before Derek had her spinning in a circle and laughing.

*

My head hurt. Badly. I was warm. Everywhere. My throat was dry. Extremely. My stomach was empty. Thankfully.

I groaned and tried to stretch, but there was dead weight holding me down, and my hands were tangled in something. I peeled my dry and crusted eyes open, blinking desperately up at a white ceiling with a barred light. 

Frowning and blinking I turned my eyes to the rest of the room and groaned as I saw computers. Everywhere. There were at least a dozen different screens to my right, as well as a computer chair and lots of pink and orange and generally colourful accessories.

I tried to lift my head up and groaned as the entire room spun.

Then I became aware of what had awoken me.

"No, Hotch, I don't think that's a good idea, no, no!" It was Emily and she was outside of the room I was currently in.

Suddenly a door on my left propelled open and light flooded inside of the room, making me and three others wince.

"What is going on here?" Hotch demanded. I whimpered at how loud he was shouting and sat up, gasping and snatching Spencer before he could fall off my torso, realising that my hands had been caught in his hair and he'd been laid on top of me; his arms around my waist.

He groaned and mumbled, scratching his head as he sat up and peeled his eyes open. I avoided eye-contact and turned to Penelope and Derek just as she jumped to her feet, subsequently standing on her glasses and cursing under her breath. For the first time, Derek looked like he didn't have a clue of what to say.

"Uhm..." I began, looking at the three other people in the room as I got to my feet and clutched Penelope's desk before I could fall down.

 "There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this." I said, holding my head as dizziness seemed to overwhelm me. I realised that the reason for this was Spencer clutching onto my side as he got to his feet. Charming.

"Well then do tell." Hotch said. He was enraged, his face a mask of anger as he folded his arms and stared me down.

"Right now?" Penelope choked and Hotch didn't so much as blink. Well, he never did anyway but now it was simply unreal.

"Last night, we went for drinks to celebrate the case and..." And...? The truth was, I couldn't remember a damned thing about the bar. Except maybe dancing. Or singing? Maybe it was both, I wasn't entirely confident with my answer.

"Well we had a bit too much to drink, and it was my idea for us to come and crash here."
"Your idea?" Hotch repeated to which I mumbled affirmatively. "The idea to come back to Garcia's office to sleep was your sole idea?" 

"Yes, sir," I said confidently. "It was my idea. I couldn't find my key and I was the one talking to the taxi driver. I didn't know anybody's home address so I brought us here."
"And the security let you in?"
"Yes sir."

"Unfortunately Agent I don't believe you. But I am proud of yesterday's outcome in Vegas, it was remarkable work from you all. I want you all ready at the round table in an hour..." There was a pause and he sniffed.