Chapter 2

3 weeks after the Incident

Days stretched out into years whilst the Priestess sat in her bed. She'd done it. She'd been off and done it now. She could barely what happened in these few days. All she's done was sit and stare. No sleep, minimal eating and drinking. She'd been bathed by The Staff a few times because she'd been too weak and unmotivated to do so herself. The woman can vaguely remember a few visitors here and there, sitting in awkward silence waiting to see how Fiona's progressed in such the short time.

The door knocked lightly. Why do they always knock? They know she was there. The dark wood door opened to reveal a man with a blindfold over his eyes. The usual blue. A small twist wretched in her gut. She felt guilt pull the back of her head. Eli closed the door softly behind him, as Rose landed gently on the nightstand.

    "Good Morning Fiona." He started. Three days has he been the first one to walk through the forsaken door. His owl would hop around before perching on her pet and snuggling her arm. She decided not to respond to Eli, instead opting to pet the bird that she had hurt during that terrible night. Rose hooted softly at the head pats she was receiving.

Fiona didn't notice the food tray that was placed in front of her until Eli made some brief comment about how breakfast went. She blinked at the delicately crafted soup, which scent wafted silently towards her nostrils. Every morning he would come to her and give a small report of what happened with everyone. What she missed, the results for each game, what everyone did. It felt like he brought the life of the manor with him. In some sort of little present wrapped in silver. Sometimes she would feel like her cheeks were pulled up to the sky at the few jokes that he gave her. It was somewhat pleasant to listen to the wears that the others have been through. But she couldn't shake the feeling that this was all somehow fake. Hollow. Her own self preservation and doubt betrays her thoughts of her friends.

   "Eli..." The young priestess started. The seer stopped in his little one sided chat and looked at her. Hands falling down to his sides as if he was recreating some sort of scene in front of him for her to see. She lifted her head up, her red hair tumbled out of her face.

   "Why are you here?" The man seemed to pause. Slowly thinking over the words to say. A slight frown appeared. His hands laced together and in hi lap looking forward.

   "What you said on the roof top, you were right. I ignored the call for help when you needed it the most. I was blind to accept that there was something wrong with the whole scenario. Fiona, he is my friend. He still is. I should've taken into consideration what you were feeling at the time... I'm here to repair the broken trust that you've given to me. I'm sorry."

   He's not sorry. He just feels a guilty conscious that needs to be rid of.

The all too familiar voice hissed in her head. She stared blankly at him, trying to discern if the voice was right or not. He didn't help you then, and why now? Nothing's changed except for the stolen chance of freedom. Fiona could feel the ashy gloves wrapping around her neck and covering her mouth. The ever looming sense of someone watching carefully for what her next moves were. She felt herself shiver. It'd been awhile since she heard him. It's been awhile since she last heard his silk touched voice.

Eli's hand lightly brushed the hair out of Fiona's face. The red curtain made way for sad eyes that lost their natural glimmer.
   "Please. I don't want another one of my friends gone from me." He whispered softly, tucking the hair behind her ear.

New air rushed into her lungs and filled her senses. The sun suddenly seemed brighter, more warm yet playful to touch. Fiona looked determinedly at the tray of food that settled in front of her. She picked up the bowl with some kind of broth in it, and started sculling it. She immediately regretted the choice as it burnt what remaining taste buds she had on her tongue. Eli held the bowl before it slipped from her hands. It would've been more than a burnt tongue to deal with.

   "Ow ow ow ow ow!" She stammered fanning her open mouth. Right away she felt tired from doing such a small activity, yet she felt a little more alive than the past few months. There was a small cough from Eli as he placed the broth on the night stand.

   "What?"

   "It's good to see you smile again."

~~~

N/A

Please forgive me for very short chapter... I'm not as good as I was before lel.

Year 12 rolled in and everything just rolled in on me. I'll be trying my best but then again, this is a very hard book to write in the first place xD

Sorry for very very late submissions in the future.