Chapter 4

Extract CD | 5

I've been seeing good old Surge and Operator together a lot recently.

A little too much some people could say.

Now I don't want to be one of those people to be snooping about but,

I'm curious of their story, if my theory is correct, maybe I can share my own.

~
~

Mike stood there idly listening to the guys speak. Not that he was bored or anything, no far from it. It was the subtle absences of Aesop that mildly tipped him off. He didn't know much of the shy and awkward fellow, but he certainly didn't like the fact that someone so brooding and quite just went his merry way around the manor. There was no particular reason to not trust him. He didn't laugh as much or talk as much as the others did. It nearly annoyed him. Nearly.

   "...Mike you listening?" Norton's voice called. Mike blinked a few times before springing to his feet. Mike was surprised to hear him talking. He didn't talk much, but when he did he was either dead serious or hilarious. Often times it would be the same. The lad could do with an audible laugh rather than the small "ha" or "heh" that he gave.

   "Oh! Sorry wasn't listening, Mind running it through me again?" The Prospector tensed a little bit and pulled his weird candle hat down, slightly covering his dark black eyes. "Ahem, I just suggested that we should try to support the female survivors more." He half murmured out of the corner of his mouth.

   "Miss Dorval had let me know that a few of the girls feel a little uncomfortable with certain social situations." That was something new. Of course this was somewhat of a serious situation to be talking about, everyone was living together! Don't want there to be a division between the survivors of the house. Mike gulped slightly tilting his head, thinking.

   "I've heard Tracy complain a bit when she and or her friends had to abruptly leave cause they felt uncomfortable or not safe." Will commented. The others looked at him. All Mike, Norton, Eli and Naib looked at him with mild surprise or confusion. The Forward hefted his large shoulders up as if getting ready to defend himself.

   "What? Surely you all have noticed that it too? This isn't a new thing right? You all have friends that are girls and they talk to you right?"

   "Will, Martha complains about high status etiquette more than anything, and the only few other girls I talk to is you girlfriend, Demi, Vera, Helena and on the rare occasion Fiona." Naib rebutted, shaking his head. His hood was down revealing his longish hair tied back in a tail. It swayed a little, Mike wanted to play with it.

   "At the mention of Fiona, I should be visiting her soon. I'll be in the Library after the matches." Eli unfurled his arms and began his walk to the Priestess' room. "Oi, be careful now, with you visiting her so much people might get the wrong idea of why you're visiting." He called at his friend's back. Eli laughed behind his shoulder.

   "Ah let it off Nabby, I already have a fiancee." The Seer closed the door to a flustered Mercenary shouting at him for where he heard that nickname from.

   "So... Nabby. Martha could've been more creative." Norton prodded. Naib's head shot around, fits closing around Norton's collars and shaking him around threateningly. "Ok, let's see you try creating something better." Was he defending the nickname?

Norton held Naib's hands and roughly took them off him. With dead serious eyes, he stared into the green iris of Naib's, leaning in ever so slightly. "I think a hot head like you shouldn't be touching me, hot stuff." Naib was at first confused, opened his mouth, then closed it, unsure of what to make of the nickname.

   "Dude... that's kinda gay." Naib commented. A laugh quickly escaped from Mikes mouth, to be quickly covered quickly and turned into a snort. William too was hiding his face, tears threatening to free themselves of the corners of his eyes.

   "Hot stuff" Mike wheezed. He was clutching his sides, his lungs bursting with laughter. Norton smiled a bit, letting go of the bewildered Naib. He crossed his arms and looked at the wheezing Acrobat. There was a slight change of expression on the Prospector's face, that faded quickly in his usual stoic facade. What was it? What was it? It looked nice on his nicely shaped face that Mike was a little annoyed that he missed it.

   "What about yourself Norton? Your face is a red mess, sure your not hot stuff too Ton Ton?" William breathed. Naib too was joining in this giggle fest that he had to look away from his idiotic friends. Ton Ton, didn't help with the situation as he nodded, saying "I sure as hell am. I am Hot Stuff Ton Ton on duty."

Naib punched the wall, Will slapped his knee, Mike collapsed. Norton stood with his chest puffed up and out to present the world with his magnificent and well defined chest. It nearly looked like it was burst with his hands bunched the cloth up behind his back. Mike can hear Naib swear his laughter out when he saw a dark green grey glove reach out to help him from the floor. Norton towered over the floor ridden Mike, hand outstretched in front of him as he was on one knee. The look was there again. Soft eyes with a genuine determined smile curled at the corners of his lips. Mike helped himself up when he noticed him mumbling something underneath his breath. Mike felt his stomach leap. He could lip read people, but he wasn't sure if he lip read Norton right or if he was misunderstanding things.

Stop it. Mike chided himself. It's not the time to be awkward around the people... my friends who are around me.

~

   "20 pounds."

   "40"

THUNK

   "What did I say about betting on the survivors!"

   "What?! Chemistry is there-"

   "100, and it'll happen by the end of the year."

   "Ms Fever that's a lot of money-"

   "Quite, I know what I'm doing"

~
~

A/N

Extremely short chapter, ik, sorry, schools being a pain again and Yr 12 is not fun.

Guys dont grow up it's not worth it.

Take this short chapter (that does have semblance to plot, I promise) while I finish the term lmao.

Adios have a good dayyy.