Thomas pressed his faces against the invisible barrier of the light white room. On the other side showing a boy who appeared to be his age hugging his knees in a black void with a beautiful starlight surrounding him.

He wears a long black and purple hoodie that reaches his feet almost. The purple patches still being sewed on however. Underneath the hoodie being a baggy purple sweatshirt. Then a backpack with sweatpants.

He held a book in his hands gently reading the pages what seems to be like of the hundredth time. A gentle smile forming on his lips. It looked to be a bedtime story but it wasn't.

It was a story before torture began.

Soon thunderous voices echoes out with laughter. Blood staining the boy's clothes. The boy coughing in pain as Thomas cried out in horror.

He was being moved up and down the void with the Galaxy being as if a bubble to direct hits and attacks. The boy was trying to latch on to something in the attack.

What? Thomas had no clue. But he was focused on saving the one before him. The one who clearly had almost no strength left to fight back.

"Anxiety, give up. You have no strength to fight us. Let us have fun with Thomas for once? It's so lonely to just play with you!!", one voice curls in mockery and anger. Anger for Anxiety's strength and vigilance of protecting his host.

Anxiety! So that's his name! Wait Anxiety is not his name! That's a cruel nickname! Thomas thinks to himself but in worry. Anxiety was protecting him. How long was he? He looked so pale and starving?!

"I AM NEVER LETTING YOU TOUCH A HAIR OF HIM!!!! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TORTURE HIM WITH NIGHTMARES OR HALLUCINATIONS!! YOU ARE GOING TO STAY PUT IN THIS VOID!!", Anxiety screams out while drawing blood. His hands almost clinging on a star apart of the galaxy.

"Why are you protecting him? You are his side. The lone side meant for guidance and protection, yes. But he doesn't even know that you exist. Thus trapping you here in this void with us. You know we will make you suffer forever. Give in. Once he finds out of your existence he'll mostly think of what a failure you are.", another voice chins while slamming Anxiety hard to the right. Thus the said star lost from his grasp.

So Anxiety is a side? He's like another parent to me? Thomas breaths in and out gently in horror. He's been here since I was born? He's been suffering since my birth and protecting me since my birth?

Thomas presses his hand to feel a barrier. The white void protecting him from the dark. Not allowing his words to be said to Anxiety. Not allowing his presence to be seen by the voices. Like a sharp no being said without words. A protecting nature laced within the barrier.

"I DO NOT CARE IF I AM ALONE FOREVER IN THIS NIGHTMARE!! AS LONG AS HE IS HAPPY AND SAFE, I WILL KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!", Anxiety screams once more this time with a new trick to get the star.

The attack was much more fierce the second time. Yet a curl of boredom was shown in it. The voices not wanting to continue the torture.

Anxiety was coughing hard for air. Sinking in a breath against the void. His body shaking as his hands gently grab onto the star once more.

"Anxiety, we'll let you protect Thomas. Just know things are going to be a lot more fun than before.", another voice echoes with a dark laughter.

Anxiety accepting his fate for Thomas. A small smile on his face as he begins to spin the star into circles then creating lost strings fit his hands to weave with.

A beauty that the voices dare not to disturb. A beauty that got them every time. A beauty that put them to sleep.

Soon enough it was just Anxiety and the silence. A silence that brought a peace to Anxiety. Even for a moment.