Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"Let him go!" Jennie shouts and pulls and fights for Sehun's release, but the guards merely shove him toward the prison carriage.

"Jennie stop- don't" Sehun tells her, unwilling for her to be hurt in the struggle. He glances at you and it tears you apart- he's angry and scared and he's no longer fighting for his liberty and when he looks at Lisa, he's sorry for what he's done, telling her that's enough fighting.

But your best friend is unrelenting as she wrestles to stop Sehun from leaving for the cells, just like Jennie who pounds on the doors for his release. But Lisa knows she has lost her chances of liberty too.

Her freedom is on the pathway to penitentiary.

"Forgive me, Lisa" Suho says for his loyalty to the King, swallows his tears and lets go of Lisa as the gates close between her and Sehun's exile, as it is too late to bring him back.

She falls to the ground, heaving painfully, "Lisa" you envelope her in your arms like it is the most you could do- only you could have done more- you could have tried harder-

"Rosie do something" Jennie hauls. Her knuckles cut open in her forceful attempts.

You look back at your father who disappears behind the doors, retreating behind his kingship to garner it as a mere substantiation to his injustice. He uses power for the unprincipled system he puts behind unreasonable laws and he does nothing but turn his back on those deemed below him- no matter if it is turning his back on you.

      You throw the doors of his threshold open, dismissing the implores of your royal guard from doing so. "I demand a council meeting- I demand an overrule of the law" you affirm with all the conviction- all the burning passion you have. You refuse to take the calmer approach like Jennie says because your lack for better action to stop the guards- your guards for god's sake- from taking Sehun away have caused her knuckles to seep blood and god Lisa, she's—

"You do not demand anything from me" your father mutters, a deeper pinch of vexation for speaking to him this way in front of Jennie and Suho. He grasps a bottle of liquor from his side trays and pours it on the rocks as if this is a time for celebration, "I'm sorry for your stable boy, Princess Jennie, but he had broken the law- palace subjects from opposite regions are forbidden to fraternize." he says with little to no sincerity at all.

Your entirety fires up, fists clench and jaw ready to bark your unpleasantries but Jennie reminds you of her placid presence when she says your name softly, only heard to you, and you do not wish to scare her any more than she is already afraid for her best friend's accounts.

And Lisa, frayed and frightened, enters at the most unprecedented time- "Please spare him King Mason" father is not in her favor. He only lifts his eyes to her for a second before tending back to his drink.

In truth, you can't turn to Lisa eye to eye either as your supremal front might just crash down with one look at the mess your family has caused her and Sehun. "Go, Lisa" you tell her you will handle this.

"No," She clasps your wrist, tries to get you to look at her because she's apologizing for her mistakes- gutted for not listening to you "Rosie—"

"Get out of here" Listen to me now, father has no patience- you don't want to hear what he has to say.

"I don't want to leave you" she says but her voice trembles in tension to face your father.