Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"You wouldn't want him close to the platform either, Jennie" you look down to the paper and check on the next name, adamant on your decision to move Jungkook out of his seat.

"He's rather pleasant to the eyes" Jennie insists, but you know how quick she will be to change her mind after what you say next- she won't like it.

"In his eyes, he has me bent over the table with him right behind" you just don't have the decency in his name to sugarcoat his silent desires.

It alone has silenced the room.

Jennie stares at you, stupefied. Ms. Choi is similarly stunned by your bluntness, stammering over words to fill the thick air accumulating at the table. She can't even utter to scold you for it.

You purse your lips at Jennie and shrug for your honesty, and you give attention back to the paper— She snatches it and crosses out Jungkook's name.

"Where are you to put him now?" Ms. Choi questions.

Jennie doesn't look up to you. She shakes her head and her jaw clenches tighter as she goes ahead of herself to skim through the following names on the list, "The slaughterhouse, perhaps." to get her mind off the lewd image you just put in her head,  "He is uninvited".

A protective front has never looked the least bit of unattractive on Jennie. You have to bite your tongue to stop your smile from spreading across your face. Neither do you wish to give away your blush in front of Ms. Choi., who seems just as disgusted by the thought of Jungkook and would care not to oppose.

You brush Jennie's leg under the table, to beckon her to look up so you could tell her need not to worry about him, and tell her you love her through looks of endearment.

She looks at you with eyes of regret and irritations, but they soften in the seconds you gaze at her dearly.

"Shall we move on to the parliament arrangements?" Jennie slides the guest list aside and shies a toothless smile back at you.

      Time passes quicker, in the lightened mood of jests and wholesome conversations, the three of you get plenty of coronation plans settled. Though, there is still a handful to go. Ms. Choi advises you and Jennie to manage significant hours of sleep, because days will be longer and nights may be compromised for work for the next month to come.

Reality is only starting to feel real. Ironic as it is, these past months have felt to go by in a glowing scene of a dream. A fantasy almost. You had pictured yourself before, how you would be standing where you are today.

You think about early April, the Cup you sought as one of your life's legacies, but has then become just a mere trophy and an event of the past. You think about the time you thought Chanyeol was the one, but it was just your silly, naivety blinding you. You think about Jisoo and what you hoped to never happen to her has now come true, and Lisa, you try not to think about her just yet. You think about your father and some things haven't changed, you conclude with him.

A few nightmares, yes, but always overshadowed by the best parts with Jennie.

She is the greatest turning point of your phantasm. How different your lives have fallen into place compared to what you had perceived the first time you met. Had you known to love Jennie this way, you would have pictured every moment of your days with her to be the greatest seraphic. But now that you live the present with Jennie, nothing you could have ever dreamed could equate to this heaven.