Chapter Nineteen - They're Not the Enemy

I really can't kill her. Since I saw what she has been through, my connection to her exploded. Like when you light a firework and it gets launched in the air and it explodes. It was like that. I turned to my friends with watery eyes.

"I can't do this," I told them

"Why?" Sagittarius asked

"S-S-She's-" I was holding back my tears, "She's my mother"

Everyone was quiet. All I could hear was the breeze flying past my ears. I looked down at my feet. My cloth that was holding my hair up, has undone itself and it was blown away. My hair fell and it was blown by the wind. Then I was embraced. I looked up enough to see who it was and it's Capricorn. He has his left hand on the back of my back and his left hand on my back.

"This doesn't change who you are. You're still Libra that we know. So what you're the Phoenix's daughter."

I smiled into his chest and I returned the hug. Everyone else joined in the hug. They agreed with Capricorn. For the first time, I've felt like I was loved. I felt like I could finally let my walls down for these people. I felt safe. The hug was done. I turned to face my real mother.

"Come with us. Maybe we can change the King's and Queen's minds about killing you" I said as I grabbed her hands

She smiled as she put one hand on my cheek. She nodded and I smiled. Then she shifted into her phoenix form. I couldn't help but feel happy. I looked at my friends and they were amazed by her form.

"Hop on, I'll take you out of here" My mother insisted

I immediately hopped on. I looked at my friends and they seem to be worried. I rolled my eyes. I told them that it is safe and it doesn't hurt. They nodded their heads and quickly hopped on my mother's back. Once I made sure that everyone was on and safe, I gently patted my mother's side to tell her that she can fly.

She spread her wings and started to flap them. In a couple of seconds, we were in the air. The breeze felt nice. I looked back to see that some of them were having fun while the others were holding on to dear life. I smiled and looked back at what is in front of me. This is going to be fun.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

We were out of the world that the cave has led us to and now in the air in the world that we're used to. When the Kingdom was in sight, my mother flew down and landed in the woods right by the village that I live in. We hopped off of her back and she turned human but she has clothes on this time. We ran to my village since I could wait to get to the castle.

Once we entered my village, there was no one in sight. I slowed down my pace since something was off. Something bad happened here. Then I saw smoke right where I lived. I quickly ran toward the smoke. I really hope it isn't what I think it is.

As we got closer, it was what I thought it was. A fire. I quickly ran in without thinking about anything else. I ran through the fire as I inhaled smoke. I coughed as I inhaled. I looked everywhere on the first floor and he was there. As I ran up the stairs, some of the ceilings broke and almost fell on me. I had to throw myself to not get hit by it.

I continue to run through the second floor. When I opened the door to the Mayor's study, I saw him passed out on the floor. I ran to him and quickly threw his arm over my neck. I lifted him and started to drag him out of his study.

I dragged him downstairs and then toward the front door. I was able to get out of the house. I coughed as I dropped him on the ground. But I immediately ran back in when I heard screaming. I yelled out in the house and heard it from upstairs. I ran back up and yelled again. The voices came from the guest room. I ran and jumped over some wooden planks on the floor that were burnt. I opened the door to the guest room and see the parents guy that my dad wanted me to marry. But I looked over to see him as well.