Chapter 1 : First day

"Monsters University. Anybody climbing out?", calls out the bus driver, as they stopped the vehicle at the stop. Four passengers are getting up from their seats and are marching out of the bus, their bags on their backs or simply hanging on one of their shoulders. As they got out of the bus, the vehicle starts driving away, leaving them on their own on the streets. Three of them start marching to the entrance of the academy while one, contemplates the gate with wonder and lightly nervous. The monster is wearing a dark grey hoodie t-shirt with a punk style pattern on the middle and also casual light reddish trousers. She has light purple skin with light dots on cheeks and purple big round snake eyes. Her hair is long, scarlet red and has a bit of volume. Her corpulence is a mix of humanoid form and lizard. Only her hands are twice big than an average-sized hand and her feet are big cones with claws on two toes and one claw each foot behind. She also has horns on her head.

Her first day as an intern at Monsters University. It was her dream to become a scarer and study to this academy, well, apart from becoming a graffiti artist. And today, she could start achieving her dreams in the school of her wishes. When she received her admission letter she was stupefied. And now, seeing only the gate of the university gives her chills. Both positively and negatively. She can tell she is pretty nervous, but also very happy, even if she shows her nervousness more than that. But that won't stop her from wanting to enter in the court of the academy. She puts on her hoodie which has holes to let her horns pass through. She puts it on, being a little shy and introverted around all the people inside the court.

She takes a breath in and then let it out, taking her first steps inside of the court, a big bag in a hand and one on her back, admiring and gazing to the whole surroundings of the academy. A monster greets her and offers to take her bags so they could take them to her assigned room. She accepts and leaves her bags to the monster, walking again inside the court. It was gigantic, spacious, beautiful and also terrifying if we could say so in Monsters language and expressions. There are so many students attending the school and yet there are so many varieties of classes, sections and side courses. She can see that from the few stands standing on a path and also the many monsters advertising them. She goes past them all, even though all of these side courses and games looked fun. One of those catches her eyes; the scare games. And she can see how energetic one of two monsters standing there shows about these games while the other one is pretty calm and biased as if it didn't matter. April walks to the stand and the two monsters notice her coming their way.

"Hey there, newbie! Scare games are coming soon! Want to know what these games are?", the energetic one calls out loudly to her, handling a paper at her.

April shrugs, smiling up at the monster and taking the paper in her big hands. She looks at the papers, listening to what the two monsters in front of her on the stand would say next.

"Any monster can participate in these games, as long as being part of one of our fraternities in here!", the energetic monster exclaims.

"It's not so easy to get into a fraternity unless there are some conditions that you can fill or respect to enter in. But that is also not easy.", the other one says negatively.

"When you have entered a fraternity, you and your colleagues will be facing many tests and obstacles to win the games! And those games can make you thunderstruck!", the energetic monster exclaims again, with positivity in his last sentence.

"Thunderstruck.", the other one changes the meaning negatively, nodding.

"For more information, you can read on the paper and look out any fraternities you would like to join, if interested. You won' be deceived!", the energetic monster exclaims lastly.