Chapter 39 ~ Welcome to The Rest of Our Lives

Note: Aaand back to Parker's POV ;)

Episode: Season 15 - Inherit the Earth Pt. 6

A sigh escaped my lips as I stepped into the Bunker's library, thoroughly drained from today's events. Sam and Dean were sitting on the table, drinking beers in celebratory fashion.

Dean's green eyes caught mine, curious, and I just shrugged, feeling physically and emotionally drained from today events.

"Poor thing, she cried her eyes out so much, she just wore herself out. She passed out just a bit ago," I told him, letting him support some of my weight as he wrapped an arm around me lovingly, "Roman said he'd watch over her through the night. Just make sure she doesn't do something stupid,"

Despite the harrowing situation and the sadness that was abounding, my husband couldn't help but crack a tiny smile, "Why? You think our daughter would do something stupid for love?"

I smirked, saying sarcastically, "No, never. Not our kid."

Dean hummed in response and I laughed slightly before capturing his lips in a sweet but passionate kiss. A familiar clearing of a throat sounded from beside us and I shot an apologetic look at the youngest Winchester.

"Sorry, Sammy."

Rolling his eyes playfully, he passed me a beer and I popped the cap off.

Dean slightly lifted up his bottle then as I sat down between my boys, "To everyone that we lost along the way..."

We all took a swig from our bottles then, chugging it back gratefully.

"You know, with Chuck not writing our story anymore, we get to write our own. You know, just us three going wherever the story takes us. Just us." Sam said, a note of awe in his voice still.

"Finally free." Dean concluded and slowly, we both nodded in agreement, still in partial disbelief.

Grinning to myself at all of the endless possibilities flitting through my mind, I threw an arm around each of their shoulders and laughed.

"I have so many ideas, guys."

Because for the first time in all my life, I wasn't scared of what would happen down the road. Because I knew that we were finally in charge of our own lives. I was finally free to live out the rest of my uncomplicated life with my one true love. And my very best friend.

As it was always meant to be.