Chapter 3 ~ The Anubis Vampire

Episode: Season 15 - Atomic Monsters Pt. 2

As it turns out, the case was more interesting than I'd previously thought it would be. Something had been abducting then killing teenage girls. The guys were thinking it was likely a vampire. And let's say after growing up with my mom's insane obsessions with The Vampire Diaries and Buffy? I was more than a little prepared.

Quietly, Roman and I followed after Sam and Dean into the mostly-deserted high school. Class had let out a while ago and we had the whole place to ourselves. Thank goodness honestly because I hated people. Not individually but generally. 

A young girl's voice rang out then in the lowly-lit auditorium as we stepped inside.

"We are here to celebrate the life of my best friend, Susie my best friend, Susie, who I miss like-like she was a part of me. And in many ways, she is still a part of me. She'll always be a part of all of us," she began, faking a heartfelt catch in her voice, "Susie Martin was as rare as a ghost orchid and as unique as a snowflake. So beautiful inside and out. But as Robert Frost tells us, 'Nothing gold can stay'. And that's what Susie was...pure gold."

Dean began to fake-clap and Sam only rolled his eyes in response to the speech.

"That's good stuff," he told her sarcastically, "Especially the part about the snowflake, and, uh, getting choked up. I mean, if you're gonna milk it, really get in there and squeeze, you know?"

"I'm pretty sure it was Ponyboy that said that," Roman said in a low voice, making a disgusted face, "Are we really supposed to believe this mess?"

I pretended to shove my finger down my throat, whispering, "Right? Gag me with a spoon."

The girl eyed me, clearly hearing my remark as she asked coolly, "I'm sorry. Who are you?"

"I'm Danielle..." I said, trailing off briefly before finishing icily, "Mikaelson,"

Roman cleared his throat then, dark curls falling across the porcelain skin of his forehead as he stepped up beside me, "And I'm Landon...Shahghasemi!"

Gaping over at my little brother, I slapped him hard on the arm to which he mouthed back "OW!"

"Too obvious!" I whisper-yelled, shaking my head reprovingly.

"Uh- FBI," Sam interrupted, sending the two of us admonishing looks before turning back to the girl, "We're here about Susie,"

"Uh, you mean about who killed her?" the girl asked innocently.

"Yeah. Yeah, now that she's gone and then Tori - really kind of worked out for you, didn't it?" Dean asked her.

"We should talk - outside," Sam suggested coldly.

"Um...I-I think I should go," she hesitated, taking a wary step back from us.

"Wait, wait, Veronica? Do you have braces?"

"Yeah...so?"

Sam made a face, his frustration evident in his stance. I sighed then, shaking my dark head as we bid the girl goodbye. Well, that clearly wasn't our monster. Little did we know we'd get closer to the truth than we thought. After poking around in the school's surveillance system trained to the parking lot, we were able to find the license plate number of the kidnapper.

But as the mahogany door to the little suburban house it led us to swung wide open, the face behind it was not what I'd been expecting. A young teen with dirty blond locks stared back at us. Wow, he's kinda low-key cute, I thought to myself as he hesitantly led us inside his home, although reminding me a bit of Eddie from House of Anubis too much. 

Upon seeing us though, the old man I assumed to be his dad sent him upstairs. Suddenly, we heard a commotion coming from the basement and Sam and Dean shared a look.

"On it." Sam told his brother, grabbing his gun as he went to check it out, leaving Roman and I with Dean.

"Look, arrest me. Fine. Just-just please leave my family out of it," the man pleaded.

"Arrest you? No, see?" Dean began before pulling out a machete from where it was hidden on his person, "We're not FBI. And we know exactly what you are."

As Sam came back with an unconscious girl in his arms, being followed at gunpoint by House of Anubis boy's mom, we soon began to realize that...it wasn't the dad at all who was the vamp. It was the son - Billy. 

He broke down then, after coming back downstairs, admitting...it'd been him all along.