Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses

Start from the beginning

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to somewhere private. Among many places, he bring me to the outdoor rooftop garden. He let go of me and take a seat on the bench. He patted the seat beside him. I gladly took it and sat beside him. For a few seconds, we are so quiet but James broke it by asking me a question.

"Is something bothering you? Don't lie to me. I know you well." He asked, staring through my eyes. I looked down, breaking the eye-contact. I took a deep breath and faced him again.

"It's Chris..." I trailed off, thinking how to start off first. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer. Couldn't wait anymore, he interfered.

"What about him? He hurt you?" He asked me, holding my hands. I tried to hold back my tears, obviously making a horrible face just to stop me from crying. I took a deep breath again and continued.

"He's kinda cheating on me with Megan's sister." I managed to say it even though it hurts so bad. I looked at James' reaction. It was dark. His face was as black as thundercloud. His hands also started to clench and unclench. His eyebrows also furrowed, making his face pretty scary. I swallowed a gulp, too scared with his facial expression.

But it doesn't last. His face automatically softened after he saw me feeling scared. He sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Melissa, ignore this matter for awhile. You have the very last day to enjoy your vacation here. In the City of Angels! And tomorrow is your birthday. So make sure you have fun, okay?" He advices me, making me feel all right a little. I smiled and just replied him with a simple 'okay'.

We got up and decided to go back to our friends. On our way to the arcade, James started to talk again.

"Remember to wear something nice later at night. I just booked a private VIP room at a local nightclub." He winked at me and grinned at me. I looked at him, wide-eyed. Is he serious? Going to a club? And a private VIP room? Is this legal? Heh, who cares. It's my birthday! And I'm absolutely looking forward for the nightclub party.

*Chris' POV*

Time flies really fast today. It's already seven o'clock in the evening and I'm in the car right now with Natalie, on our way to Alexander's company building for the annual formal dinner.

Like a usual, it's annoying to be with Natalie in the car as she will always ask me nonsense questions. And also questions involving Melissa. Speaking of Melissa, tomorrow I have to fetch her from the airport.

But I don't know whether I should pick her up or not. Obviously the paparazzi will be there, asking me about Melissa and such. I don't want to embarrassed my own self there and bring my reputation down. But I love her and right now, she's carrying my legal child. I have to say that after I'm collided with Melissa, my life turned pretty miserable due to the problems that either of us caused. I admit that we don't have that healthy relationship yet.

After a few minutes of driving and ignoring Natalie's nonsense talking, we finally have reached my nemesis' company building. I parked my car at the side of the road and get out of my car. I brushed up my suit and went into the building, looking professional.

Once I stepped in, I was already greeted by Alexander and his father. Natalie stood beside me, shaking their hands and gave her best smile. Alexander nodded while shaking her hand. He then turned his attention towards me.

"So, you came. I thought you will miss another dinner of mine." He confronted, crossing his arms over his chest. His father excused himself, saying that he will be back with our drinks. I just smirked at his comeback. I gave a short laugh and replied back.

"Well, I was forced to. And if my wife wasn't in LA right now, I might missed another one." I talked back. I could see his face started to be fuming red. Before he could talk back, his father came back, interrupt us.