Chapter 18: Confess

-Melissa's POV-

I sipped down my cup of warm latte. I softly moaned as the taste is so exquisite. To be honest, Starbucks' coffee always impressed me. Yup, right now, I'm in an airport with Chris sitting in front of me. He's still busy typing his work documents on his laptop since Starbucks has free wifi. He was too engrossed to his laptop that he didn't even bother to drink his coffee. At least he talked to me, so that's fine for me.

Since it's raining cats and dogs outside, I felt cold. I don't have a warm jacket with me because it's in my baggage and I'm lazy to take all the clothes out for just one jacket. I gripped my cup of coffee, absorbing the warmness but it doesn't last.

Chris took off his leather jacket as he somehow knew that I'm cold even though I didn't tell him. I refused to wear it as he will be cold if he give me his jacket. But he keep on forcing me. I still reject his request. He sighed. He stood up and placed his jacket around me. As I was about to talk back, he sticked out his finger, signaling me to save it. I just shrugged and drank my latte.

Suddenly, I heard someone called out our names. I turned around and was amazed to see Chris' parents here. I automatically stood up and hugged Angelica. Will just gave me a nod. I just smiled at him as a welcome. Chris then hugged his mom, also surprised to see them here.

"Hello, my lovely children!" Angelica ranted. I giggled at her excitement. How does she know that I'm going off today? Did Chris told her? But he looked surprised too, though.

"I thought you don't remember that she's going off today." Okay, so Chris told her.

"How can I not remember? She's my precious little daughter-in-law. Also, I couldn't wait to see my grandchild." She exclaimed. I blushed in embarrassed. Chris noticed it. He brought me closer to him and caressed my back. Gosh, he's so warm.

"I'll go buy a coffee." Will cleared his throat and walked off to the ordering counter. The rest of us took a seat and started to get comfortable to one another. Angelica then starts touching every thread of Chris' jacket, making me kinda uneasy. She then asked me why I'm wearing her son's jacket. As I was about to respond, Chris interrupted me.

"Because I want her to have a piece of my clothing so she will remember me there..." He explained without breaking an eye-contact between me and him.

I smiled at his explanation. Argh, he's really good at making girls fall for his kinda romantic speeches. Angelica then made an 'awhhhh' sound, making my cheeks red. I mouthed at him a thanks. He smiled and winked at me.

By the time Will came back with two cups of coffee, Angelica spoke up.

"So does both of you already decide which part of your room will be the nursery room for your child?" Angelica asked. I swallowed a gulp. I hope no one hear that because almost a quarter of the Starbucks' customers are my schoolmates. Feeling uneasy, I hold Chris' hand, trying to tell him that I don't want to talk about it. He just nodded.

"Mom, could you not talk about that? 'Cause you know. There's Melissa's schoolmates here." He convinced his mom. Angelica covered her mouth with both of her hands. She then apologized to me lots of times. I just shook my head and said, "it's okay."

Before Angelica could change her topic to talk about, the airport announcement announced to the ones that took the American Airlines to Los Angeles at 7:15am to assemble in front of the boarding gate. It turned out to be my flight. Chris packed his laptop to his suitcase. We stood up and went to the boarding gate.

By the time I arrived there, almost all of the seniors were there, feeling excited. I, myself, is excited but unlike the cheerleaders - blubbering what they should do there. I just rolled my eyes and waited patiently for my form teacher to gather us.