Chapter 2

Boruto's POV

I woke up on a tree branch and I checked the time, it's already 4. I yawned and got down from there, walked to where Kawaki was and he's still trying to burst the water balloon but failed.

Not without making any progress of course "you're making progress, kid. Keep improving your chakra control until your able to burst the bubble in the meantime, I'm gonna buy us some food. What do you want?"

"anything I guess" replied Kawaki "okay, want some drinks?", "sure" I nodded and went to the lightning burger restaurant and ordered two burgers and two soda drinks.

After paying for the food, I walked out of the restaurant and back to where Kawaki was. I walked up to him sat under a tree that's right next to where Kawaki is and I said "hey kid, let's stop for now and rest for a bit.

After resting, we'll continue this for about one hour more and then we'll continue this tomorrow got it?" Kawaki nodded and unwrapped the burger that I bought him.

He was suspicious at first but he ate it. "Kid, I don't know your name so let's introduce ourselves, shall we? Okay, me first, my name is Sakomi. Yours?"

"Kawaki" replied Kawaki "cool name kid. Where are you from?"

"you first, where are you from?" asked Kawaki "I'm just a nobody from a nobody village that nobody even knows existed but it's no use in searching it because it's already gone.

wiped out of the face of the earth and leaving me, the only survivor to wander from place to place in search of finding a home to stay in. Which I doubt I'll be able to find one"

it then grew silent but before it became quieter I said "now your turn", "like from when I was born? Or?" asked Kawaki "from when you're a child?" Kawaki nodded and said 

"during my childhood I was raised by my physically and emotionally abusive drunkard father, until someone bought me with a large sum of money" Kawaki paused, waiting for me to ask who that someone is

"who is that someone?" I asked trying my best to act confused, which worked "I'll tell you because you've earned a little bit of my trust. The someone is called Jigen and he's from an organization called Kara that 'raised me'" explained Kawaki

I nodded Kawaki then continued and said "upon taking custody of me, Jigen told me that the suffering I endured was over and there was nothing to fear, as he was my new father. Despite his promise of safety, I describe my life from then on to be a living hell.

Some time after my adoption, Jigen took me to Amado's laboratory. Amado is the scientist in the organization, okay moving on, Jigen told me that he would give me a gift when we truly become parent and child. 

I was one of fifteen children placed in artificial wombs connected by tubes to jars of fluid, through which Jigen attempted to transfer his Karma to us" Kawaki paused again waiting for me to ask what a Karma is.

"No need to tell me what it is. I kinda already know what it is from my extremely intensive research, and your stepbrother has it too. If I remember correctly his Karma seal is given by Momoshiki, right?"

"How did you know that?" asked Kawaki suspiciously eyeing me "like I said if you search hard enough. You'll find your answers and I know that he has the Karma seal because I could see it on his right hand while yours is on the left hand.

Yours and Boruto's Karma shapes are different but have almost all of the same abilities as each other but with some exceptions that are", "okay now moving on. The first thirteen children all died, 

however, Jigen succeeded with me, one of his last attempts. I later awoke with a Karma branded on my left hand, like what you just said. I would constantly be put through grueling training,