epilogue

Cherilyn stood at the edge of the tower with a black leather jacket slung over one shoulder, looking down at the hundreds of students with their trunks and their pets, loudly chattering.

It was quite hot, being the middle of June, and she was just wearing a black pleated skirt and a spaghetti strapped cropped tank top, and of course her wrists fingers and neck adorned with as much jewelry she could pile on, and the crystal glasses that made her see wonky perched up on her pink hair. (Some things never change.)

Looking around her, the sky was clear, and the air was still; not a single wisp of wind was felt. But the air was clear, bright, breathable, and if you inhaled too hard it would burn your nose a little.

Adjusting the spike dangling from her ear, she sighed, looking at the trunk she had in her hand, and the backpack and camera case she had slung over her shoulder.

"I knew I'd find you here..," she heard an all too familiar voice saying from behind her.

Laughing, she didn't turn around, and just said, "Hey Fred."

Coming up from behind her, Fred snaked his arms around Cherry's waist, holding her closer to him.

"I can't believe we're graduating already," he chuckled into her neck, making her giggle.

"I can't believe we made it this far without being expelled," she replied. "And yes, I am going to miss this place, though I sure hope we never come back."

"Oh, definitely not," Fred laughed.

Cherry looked around the astronomy tower. It seemed like ages since they first came up here, just Cherry and Fred and George, having fun as they pranced around on brooms, and Cherry was teaching the twins how to dance to muggle music.

She remembered the first time she and Fred had made out on this tower at night, kissing under the starlight, as cliché as it sounded.

She remembered all the times they came up here at night, to get away from the world a little bit, allowing themselves to lose their self in each other's eyes.

She thought back to the times when she was still breaking dress code with Fred and George, and walked around the place with funny glasses perched on their noses (and maybe they were just the slightest bit high).

And she smiled, knowing that no matter what those memories would always be with her. Even ten years from now, if they were both buried six feet under the ground, it would never fade out, not even the tiniest bit.

Looking over at the gorgeous man besides her, she said, "Why don't we catch up with George and Luna, and the others? Don't want to miss the boats, hm?"

Fred nodded, and the two headed down the little spiral of stairs, dragging their trunks and bags behind them as they went, down the stairs, walking through the castle one last time before they moved on with their lives.

"Fred! Cherry! Over here!" They heard Lee yell over by the boats when they left the castle.

"Yeah, we're coming!" Cherry yelled back to Lee and George. "Let's go!" She squealed, grabbing Fred's hand as they ran over to their friends.

Cherry waved to Luna, who was hanging around Harry and his friends, and she waved back, blowing her a kiss.

"Ooh, shots!" George yelled, handing the other two little glasses with cherries printed on the side, which the pink haired girl was sure they stole from her trunk.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George. Ready Cherry?"

"Ditto."

"Ditto?"

"Ditto."

~~