23

"Psst!! Cherry! Wake up!"

Cherry jolted awake in her bed. She looked around frantically, panicking. It was still dark, and her head was pounding (she seemed to be waking up like that a lot). "Oh my god, Fred, you scared me!" she said, clutching herself. It was a bit cold, since it was the middle of the night, and the only thing she was wearing was an oversized T shirt and a pair of shorts. "What are you doing here??" she asked, confused to why he was waking her up at- she glanced at the little alarm clock next to her bed- four am??

"Cherry, listen, Remus needs to see you right now, I got a note from him just a few minutes ago, George is already down there-"

"Wait, but why would Remus need to see me right now??" she asked, as she pulled a pair of sweatpants out of her trunk, Fred turning around so she could change.

"I don't know, but it seems important, maybe it's about Sirius or something," he said over his shoulder, Cherry pulling a jumper over her head and grabbing a cloak and her pocketing her phone and her wand.

"Oh shit," she whisper shouted, as she tripped over her own cloak, thankfully Fred catching her before putting her on her feet, the two glancing at each other for a split second before taking off out of the dorm room and out the common room, as quietly as they could, the Marauder's map in their hands.

They sped to Remus's office, where George and him were already there, George sitting their awkwardly and Remus pacing back and forth on the small space in front of his desk.

"Cherry! There you are, sit down, we need to talk. Boys, do you mind a moment?" Remus said when he saw that Cherry had arrived.

Fred and George nodded, and left the door, closing it behind them, though Cherry didn't doubt that they would definitely listen in on whatever they were about to talk about.

Sitting down across from Remus, she asked, "What's so important?"

Taking a deep breath, Remus blurted out, "Sirius is missing."

"What?!" Cherry asked, louder than the words she'd said before. "What do you mean he's missing??"

"Well, I haven't heard of him, and the ministry can't find him either."

"Okay- so do we need to like- find him or something?" Cherry asked.

"Cherry, it's not that simple," he said slowly.

She hesitated for a moment, before remembering. "Right, we have to find him before he kills me."

Remus sighed. "I'm sorry that we have to drag you into his mess, Cherry, but I'm afraid so."

She took a deep breath, and then exhaled through her mouth. "But- what do we do with him after we find him?"

"We help him, I guess," Remus said. Sirius had been his best friend since as long as he could remember. He had talked to him a week before, and it seemed as if Sirius was dead set on choosing Harry over her.

"He's alone," Sirius had told him. "He's got no one, and I need to be there for him, at all costs."

And Remus felt for him, he truly did, but there had to be another way, right? He understood where Sirius was coming from. But it was a tough decision for him, even though it shouldn't be. Sirius was his best friend, he'd never abandon him, betray him, like Peter Pettigrew had did. Even the thought of his former best friend angered him.

Remus wanted to help Sirius, but not in the way he would want. He couldn't let his best friend lose his mind, neither could he let the girl who he'd grown to love like a daughter be murdered by Sirius Black.