6

Cherry remembered what the map had said, and headed to the side doors of great hall where McGonagall had instructed her to go to last night when she had arrived at Hogwarts.

"Cherry! There you are, we have to get you ready for the sorting ceremony!" a familiar voice said from behind her. "Just put your bag there against the wall for now, you can pick it up later, and- oh! What are you wearing?- Never mind that dear, we don't have time to worry about that right now, Dumbledore's about to start!"

Professor McGonagall took Cherry by the arm and dragged her to the door, just as she heard Dumbledore speaking.

"Today, we will be having a new transfer student from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, now attending Hogwarts, who has yet to be sorted! So please, refrain from you meals, until we find this sixth year student her new home! Please welcome Cherilyn Way," Dumbledore said, and gestured to Cherry, who was standing by the door, to come forward.

"That's you dear, come on!" McGonagall said, giving her a light push as Cherry walked into the great hall, feeling the hundred's of pairs of eyes staring at her.

She went up to Dumbledore and they greeted each other with a nod of the head, as McGonagall rushed in behind her carrying the stool and the sorting hat, instructing for Cherry to sit on it as she replaced the flower crown on her head with the old grim looking hat.

Everything went silent as the sorting hat peaked into her head and contemplated it's decision of which house they should put Cherry in.

"Hm... let's take a look here... interesting, very interesting..." it whispered into Cherry's mind, making her flinch a little bit. "Cunning, smart, you'd do well in Slytherin, but hm... let's see.."

A few seconds later, the hat had made it's decision. "Well, then, it shall be..." the sorting hat shouted into the great hall, "GRYFFINDOR!"

The the long table in the middle cheered, and Cherry smiled as McGonagall took the hat from her head and placed the red flower crown back on, and she said, "Congratulations," and turned around to go back to the table where the other teacher's sat. 

Cherry stood up and fixed the lopsided flowers on her head as she went to the table, and she caught the eyes of someone familiar, the same red haired guy with the bandages around his head in the hospital wing earlier this morning.

Cherry glanced at the person next to him, someone with identical red hair. Twins, she thought, smiling to herself. Sitting down near them, she was welcomed by the students who sat next to the red haired twins.

"Hello, I'm Ron! These are my twins, Fred and George, they're in year six!" another red haired guy said in a thick English accent, who looked about fourteen, said to her. He was sitting across from Cherry, with another girl at his right, and a familiar dark haired boy sitting to his left.

"Hi! I'm Fred!"

"And I'm George!" said the twin and the bandaged head guy.

"And I'm Hermione! That's Harry over there," the curly brunette said from next to Ron.

"I'm Cherry! It's nice to meet y'all," she said, greeted them all, saying a Hello and how you do's, when Dumbledore started the breakfast, everyone else starting to eat. 

Cherry had a rather American accent, and even though she spoke both French and English, she spoke more in an American accent, which the other's found intriguing.

"So! Where'd you transfer from?" Ron asked, taking a bite of a croissant.

"Beauxbatons, actually. I um, I got kicked out," Cherry replied, unwrapping a breadstick.