Chapter 6

Colby POV
  "Not like that, like this." Sam said, flipping me over his shoulder to demonstrate how the move should be done. I hit the floor  on my back hard, groaning as Sam took the chance and quickly got on top of me, pinning me down smirking as I groaned again from the weight now on top of me. Sam leaned down to kiss my nose, making me huff a bit, making Sam laugh.

  "It's okay, no one is usually good at fighting from the start. Takes practice to get good, you'll get there love." Sam said gently, kissing my nose again as I huff and roll my eyes. Seriously?

"Whatever, mind getting off me?" I asked a bit rudely, making Sam raise his eyebrows but I didn't care. I'm tired of being weak. I want to be stronger. I need to be stronger. I felt a hand on my cheek, making me jump but relax when I realized it was Sam.

  "Hey, it's okay. You'll get better eventually, it just takes time. Let's go take a break then how about we continue." Sam said gently, caressing my cheek with a gentle look. I sighed and nodded, accepting the hand that Sam gave to me to help me up and went off to the right, walking to a big oak tree that stood in the middle of the area.

  We sat down and grabbed the nearby picnic basket that was set up by Devyn and started to munch on our sandwiches as we talked a bit.

  "Colby, I know that you don't want to talk about it, but can I ask you if you have any siblings?" Sam asked quietly, looking at the ground rather then me. I frowned and sighed, not really wanting to say anything, but if I wanted to go further with Sam, I knew I had to tell him something.

  "I have a younger sister that I haven't seen in awhile..."I said slowly, giving him the least amount of information as possible. Though truthfully, now that I said that, I just want to tell him everything. Sam nodded, taking another bite of his sandwich, chewing slowly as he processed what I told him.

  "How old is she now?" Sam asked carefully, trying not to be too nosey, but wanting answers all the same.

  "She's sixteen now, but I haven't seen her in a long time. I miss her." I said, feeling tears coming to my eyes as I thought about my beautiful sister. Sam looked over with a sad but gentle expression, smiling.

  "You guys must have been close." Sam said which I nodded to. We were close, only having each other to rely on since our parents weren't exactly there when we needed them. I was her only protection against our parents strict ruling. Which now that I think about, I left her completely alone when I left, leaving her to deal with our parents alone. So maybe seeing her would be a bad idea.

  "I'm sure she's okay if she's anything like you." Sam said, smiling as I nodded before finishing the last bit of my food and getting up, dusting off all crumbs before looking back at Sam with a smile.

  "Shall we continue our sparring?" I asked Sam who nodded, finishing his food and packing what's left before heading out back to the field, only to see Katrina there, glaring at us with golden eyes.

  "Finally your back, what took you so long?" Katrina spat out, glaring at us. My eyes widened at her tone and looked at Sam, who only raised his eyebrows. He walked up to Kat, who met him halfway, and just stared at each other, probably sizing each other up. Until Kat suddenly went for a punch, which got blocked by Sam, who twisted her arm around to try to get her in a headlock.

  Unfortunately Kat was quicker and hit him in the stomach with her elbow, making Sam release her as Kat danced away from Sam, eying him warily as Sam held his stomach for a second, trying to catch his breath.

  After a couple of minutes, they ran towards each other and started to actually fight, actually trying to hurt each other as I watched horrified.

Eventually, they both took a swing for each other's faces, which both hit, knocking both of them to the ground, breathing heavily. I stood still for a couple of minutes, just checking to see if the fight was done, and when it was clear it was, I ran to Sam, making sure he wasn't too injured as Devyn ran to Kat.

  "Nice fight Kat. Glad to see that you have improved at least." Sam said, still breathing heavily, but not as bad as before. Kat laughed a bit, wincing when Devyn wiped something off her face.

  "You're crazy since I beat you" Kat said, huffing a bit as Devyn cleaned something else off her face, making her growl a bit.

  "It's clear that it's a tie." Elton said as Sam was about to say something. Sam looked at Elton with a frown as Kat looked at him, smiling, probably happy that it was a tie.

  "Now that you bear my ass, will you be nice to my mate? I think it's high time for you to stop being a bitch." Sam said a bit too harshly, making everyone gasp as Kats eyes cooled, going from brown to a tan color, her wolf showing through.

"Maybe if you..." Kat started but Devyn put her hand on Kats arm and shook her head, telling her to stop. Kat huffed and shook her head, letting Devyn take care of her injuries as I did the same to Sam.

  "So are we all cool now?" Elton asked, raising his eyebrows at us, as we all looked at each other and smiled.

  "Purrrfet." We said, making Elton groan as we all laughed.

  (Sorry if this was boring and shitty...enjoyyy)