Chapter 2

Sam POV
I looked over at the pup, who was staring at us warily and smiled, hopefully to calm it down a bit so it could trust us. I mind-linked Elton to bring me some cut up meat and bring it to the Barbie shed, which he agreed to, making me smile as I stared at the poor dirty wolf.

"Hey there buddy, do you want to come out from under there? We won't hurt you, I promise." I cooed at the wolf, hoping to earn its trust. Unfortunately though, the wolf sunk even more into the corner, making me sigh but I held it in. I heard a sound from next to me and looked at Devyn, frowning a bit as she started to giggle a little.

"I'm sorry but that was kind of funny." Devyn said, giggling again as I frown.

"Maybe for you.." I mutter but Devyn ignored it and decided to direct her next sentence towards the newcomer that came in quietly.

"Hey do you have the food?" Devyn asked quietly, her brown eyes full of worry for the small wolf. I smiled at her as the newcomer, Elton, nodded and gave me a plate of cut up steak.

"Wanted to cook it a bit but here you go. What's it for?" Elton asked, running a hand through his shoulder length hair, a habit we seem to all have picked up on.

"Well we were coming in here to get something for me but found this wolf." Devyn said softly, pointing to the location of where the wolf is. Elton raised his eyebrows at us for a second before leaning down to see the wolf. He sat back up, letting out a big breath before running his hand through his hair again.

"What are we going to do with it?" Elton asked, raising an eyebrow at us again, giving me a werid look I don't understand.

"I was thinking of adding the wolf to the pack after we get to know it. I don't think it means any harm." I said as Elton nodded.

"And what if this is a trap?" Elton asked as a whine broke through, making us look at the wolf's location before smiling.

"I think that answers that question. Or at least a little bit. But doesn't mean we still trust this wolf wholeheartedly." Elton said, his tone a clear warning. I nod, agreeing with him.

"That's why I said get to know it. We have to give everyone a chance, just be careful about it." I said carefully, and Elton raised an eyebrow again, making me frown again. Which makes Elton frown.

"How did you even find the wolf?" Elton asked as I put the plate underneath the shelf and pushed it closer to the wolf, who smelled it but pushed it away. I sighed and grabbed a piece, earning a whine from the wolf for being too close and had it watch me put the piece of meat into my mouth and chew it. I swallow it, and open my mouth, to show the wolf.

It stared at me for a second before eating the Meat, making a sound that we took as a thanks.

"When we came in, I smelled a werid sweet scent and found the wolf." I told Elton who turned to me quickly, eyes wide.

"Are you serious!?" Elton asked a little too loud, making the wolf whine. Elton Apologized quickly, before turning back to me, annoyance in his eyes.

"Your our Alpha and Pack Leader and yet you couldn't realize that you had found your mate? Are you fucking stupid? Elton asked, making the wolf growl a bit for whatever reason. We smiled, since it sounded as threatening as a kitten and Elton continued.

"Seriously dude? We're you living under a rock until recently or something?" Elton said, eyeing me curiously as I blushed and Devyn giggled. Apparently she enjoys me being lectured by Elton. Great.

"Hey, I wasn't thinking okay. I was thinking about helping the wolf, not what the sweet scent meant." I said frowning as Elton sighed.

"It's okay, I was just surprised. Sorry man." Elton said smiling as I nod. All of the sudden I felt something cold on my hand and looked down, surprised to see the wolf in front of me, still laying down on the ground.

"Hey little one, are you finally use to us? Want to come with me and I'll give you a bath?" I cooed at the small wolf, who nodded slowly, getting up as the three of us got up as well and walked out of the shed. I couldn't help notice that the wolf stayed by me the whole time, staying close to me the whole walk towards the main house as the three of us talked.

We part at the stairs, since I wanted to give the wolf a Bath and head upstairs to the third floor, turning right to go through the door that's my bedroom, the wolf following closely behind. I close the door and go into the bathroom, and turned on the water, making sure it's the right temperature before letting the wolf know it's okay to get in.

Ten minutes later, we're on the bed, the wolf curled up into my side sleeping, as I watch something on tv. Well, was watching something on tv. I couldn't help but keep glancing back at the sleeping wolf, curious of its story, but mostly because I found the wolf so beautiful and smiled when I remembered what Elton said.

"Even though we just met, I think I love you." I said, a warm feeling coming over me after the words were uttered, knowing they were true.

Sorry it took me so long to update this. I apologize. Hope you like it though!!!!