Chapter 9

Colby's POV
She's here. That's all I thought as I walked down the semi dark staircase down to the dungeon. There were candles light along the staircase, leading down into the room below that we have call our dungeon since there are so many jail cells down here. I stepped off the last stair and took a deep breath, stalling so I had some time to think.

She actually came looking for me. She actually found me.
Those thoughts returned the anxiety that I felt for the past couple of hours, debating whether or not to see her. Though I knew I couldn't stay away for long.

My sister was here and I'm over here having a panic attack over seeing her. Lovely. I took a deep breath, holding it and closing my eyes, count down from five before opening my eyes again and started to walk forward, towards her jail cell.

Sam had wanted to come with, but I wanted some time by myself with her, so she could yell at me if she wanted to without fearing anything bad happening to her in return.

After what felt like an eternity walking through the dimly lit dungeon walkway past many jail cells, I finally get to hers and it wasn't what I expected. I thought she would scream and throw things but instead, she just glared at me, sitting in the back right corner, in the dark her legs drawn against her and her arms around her legs.

"Hello Eve, how has it been for you?" I asked then winced. If it was bad when I was there, it was probably worse after I left and if her glare had anything to say, if she actually talked, it probably wouldn't be anything good. Our parents were shit.

"Sorry that was a bad question. How have you been?" I asked, trying for a smile as she kept glaring at me, letting her muddied hair falling down into her muddied face. I frowned, wanting to push away her hair to see her eyes but knew if I touched her, well a dead body would be better off.

I sighed before turning around, thinking that she wouldn't say anything when I heard something behind me. I halfway turned back around, raising an eyebrow as I looked back at her.

"Sorry didn't catch that. Did you try to say something?" I asked but what she said next broke me.

"You traitor."