"Nah I think that's enough for today I kinda want to go check on Amber"

"Check on her, is she sick or something did she tell you why?" his eyes stare at me intently.

"Oh no not sick" I shake my head profusely to emphasize the point. Amber told me that she wasn't ready to announce her pregnancy to the pack and even though I want to shout it from the top of the roof, I will respect her wishes. " I-uh just haven't seen her today"

He looks disappointed with my response and I can see anger shine in his eyes. "Of course I didn't make her 'sick'" he mumbles under his breath picking up his discarded gym bag by the wall length mirrors.

"What was that?"

"Nothing I'm glad she's not sick" he walk up to me with a cheery smile "I'm heading to the kitchen where are you headed"

"Same, Amber promised Christy she would be her taste tester for her new bologna and bacon lasagna. They should be done by now"

"Bologna and bacon that should be interesting"

"It sounds alot better than her Sardine and Brussels sprout ice cream sandwiches she asked me to try last week." I shudder at the memory. It took my taste buds a week to get back to normal after that one.

"You got caught, that sucks. She cornered me in the living room that day and I dove out the window to escape her"

"So you're the one who broke the window"

"Yep" We share a laugh as we exit the room and head to the kitchen.

We walk in companionable silence for a while, before I break it.

"You know I've been thinking about participating in the Beta and Gamma competition in a couple of weeks. You think I got a chance for the Gamma position?"

I have been considering entering the competition for a while now. The new position will help balance our large pack and provide more leadership so Amber and Dallas aren't spread so thin when problems arise. They even built a new pack house for the new leaders to preside in. It's no where as big as the main house but it can hold 200 members comfortable.

I really want to have a more significant role within the pack. I haven't told Amber of my plans yet.

"Gamma no way" Dallas looks at me from the corner of his eye and I try not to let my disappointment show "You're way better than third in command. You will definitely get the Beta position"

I smile at his confidence in me as we make are way into the kitchen. It's fairly busy. A couple of the kitchen staff are at the stoves stirring what smells like chicken and dumplings while a few are kneading bread at the counters.

"Awww come on Amber just one more bite" Christy's high voice draws my attention to the center of the room where she is currently leaning over an kitchen island holding a spoon full of lasagna and trying to aim in towards Amber's mouth.

"Hell no Christy the smells in here are already making me sick that greasy invention of yours will just turn my stomach." Amber is sitting on a stool on the opposite side moving her face away from the spoon like a stubborn baby.

I laugh at their silliness which draws their attention to me. Amber's eyes brighten and a beautiful smile adorns her lips.

"I've been looking for you all day" she hops off the stool and walks towards me I meet her half way.

"And I have been missing you all day" I reply staring into her eyes while she reaches forwards and grabs my shirt moving in for a kiss.

"Wait I'm all sweaty"