10

"What do you want to do first?" Jaewon asked Beomgyu, the sight of the arcade making her give an actual smile

Choi Beomgyu thought it was dazzling. The girl he might have liked was beside him and they were together at his most favorite place in the whole world. Today was going to go great. Feeling a little childish, Beomgyu pointed at a game with zombies and guns nearby.

A smirk rose on Jaewon's face and Beomgyu felt his heart beat faster, loving the way it made her look mischievous and badass.

"You sure you can beat me at that?" Jaewon asked.

Now it was Beomgyu's turn to smirk. He was the best at this game, always crushing his opponents and beating high scores of previous players with ease. There was no way Jaewon could beat him.

"A challenge huh? You're on!"

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Jaewon won. 

It was a tough match, the toughest she's had yet, but she still won. 

Letting herself laugh out loud, she stuck her tongue out childishly at Beomgyu before running off to the next game. When she became so comfortable with him, she didn't know, but she definitely felt like she could be around him. Beomgyu made her feel like she should go back to being her old self, the friendly and cheerful girl, and she wasn't hating it.

Choi Beomgyu immensely disliked the fact he had lost but would lose anytime if he could see Jaewon smile the way she was doing so right now. 

Beomgyu was not an idiot. He understood why he kept bothering her and why his heart sped up everytime he was around her. The fact that he had actually fallen for her surprised him because in all honesty, she hadn't really done much.

Sure, she was the only person who never bullied him, sure she was beautiful, sure she wasn't actually that mean, and sure she had the most beautiful smile in the world- never mind, Beomgyu understood why he fell for her. Telling her was the real problem.

Jaewon was not the type of girl to like a guy, especially a guy like him whose only dream was to be popular in school and be surrounded by people. Beomgyu couldn't understand why Jaewon of all people would like him. Sure, to some extent Beomgyu was good looking, even he couldn't deny that, but that's it. What was special about Beomgyu to Jaewon?

Choi Jaewon didn't really want to say anything but the way Beomgyu was staring at her right now was making her feel really flustered. She didn't want to be the blushing and stuttering girl but Beomgyu was making her weak to her knees.

"Stop staring at me." she mumbled, hating herself for doing so.

Choi Beomgyu's eyes widened and he quickly looked away, cheeks turning pink in embarrassment since she caught him staring. But of course, Beomgyu wasn't the only person staring at her.

Literally every high schooler around them was looking at her. Students from their school were doing it because they couldn't believe the 'cold queen' was outside having fun with the school's new popular kid, but students from other school's were staring because she was so beautiful.

With long and wavy black hair, gorgeous near charcoal eyes with double eyelids, small and slender nose, and full pink lips, Choi Jaewon fit korean standard beauty perfectly. Why Jaewon was famous in school was very clear. She was different from others and she was ethereal. That was probably another reason why Beomgyu fell for her.

"Hey, do you want to go watch a movie with me later?"

Beomgyu had no idea where such confidence came to him but it was too late. He had already asked her out on a d..date.

Choi Jaewon's eyes widened at once, confusion and shock filling her features. Did Choi Beomgyu just ask her out on a date? 

Jaewon, the person who's never been on a date before, had no idea what to say. Yes, she did want to go, but she was afraid she wasn't the right person for Beomgyu or the fact that she would probably ruin the date with her sarcastic comments and stuff like that.

"Please...?" Beomgyu asked, going far enough to make puppy eyes.

Jaewon looked at the male and glanced away at once, hating how his aegyo affected her. Holding back a sudden giggle, she shyly nodded, surprised at herself even more for being able to answer that way.

"Great! I will pick you up at your house on Saturday. I can book the tickets if you like? Is there any movie you would like to see?" Beomgyu quickly said, not giving the girl any chance to change her mind.

"No, I'll come to your house and wasn't there a new horror movie that released two days ago? Let's watch that."

"If you're not too scared of course!" Jaewon added, a another smirk meeting her face.

"Of course I'm not scared! I'll book the tickets right now in fact!" Beomgyu quickly replied, whipping out his phone and trying to book seats.

❅ ❅ ❅

As the next few days went by, Jaewon started to talk to Beomgyu more, slowly showing Beomgyu her true side, the actually shy and calm girl. As Jaewon opened up, Beomgyu ended up falling for her even more. Although they didn't eat lunch together anymore since Beomgyu was now a 'popular kid', he still always made time for her between classes and before school started.

As the few days went by though, Beomgyu noticed how Jaewon would never allow him to take her home or let him even see her house making he become curious as to why. He wanted her to know that he would never ever judge her for being too rich or too poor but couldn't just barge into her privacy and tell her that. He decided to wait, wanting Jaewon to tell him all her secrets in her own time.

Choi Jaewon, although extremely excited for Saturday, did a good job in not showing it. In an attempt to make her relationship with Beomgyu deeper, she tried her best to open up and not be so cold and rude all the time ( although to the rest of the school she was still the cold queen ), which seemed to be working great as Beomgyu was noticeably happier when he was around her. 

Of course, there was a part of her that wanted to tell Beomgyu that he should get real friends and give up with this popular stuff but decided not to knowing that it wasn't really her business.

As for Yeonjun, she occasionally saw the blue haired weirdo with his group of three other boys but once their eyes met, they would quickly look away, both remembering the moment on the roof. It wasn't avoidance, just not contact. Jaewon didn't really mind though because showing her vulnerable side to someone was really not part of the plan.

Choi Yeonjun, on the other hand, didn't really like how anything was going. He had assumed after the moment on the roof, she would have maybe been okay with them being friends but he was wrong. Yeonjun was bummed when after that day she continued to only hang out with that popular kid who he didn't like very much since that kid purposely banged into his shoulder a few days ago, but what could he do? It wasn't like he could force her to be friends with him or something.

When Saturday arrived, Choi Jaewon was struggling for a perfect outfit, Choi Beomgyu was thinking of how to hold hands with her, and Choi Yeonjun was busy sulking in his bedroom, just wanting to be friends with the girl.