14

As the days went by and summer neared, everyone started to change

Choi Beomgyu had finally understood how it felt to be popular and now he was spending a lot of time with the 'popular kids', even ditching classes and leaving school despite the fact he was a good student. 

Beomgyu had been caught multiple times doing things he shouldn't have been doing but he shrugged it off, keeping a troublesome smile on his face.

Choi Jaewon hated how Beomgyu had turned out because of popularity but she couldn't bring herself to tell him anything, her feelings for the boy and her changing personality getting in the way. 

The "changing personality" was all because of Huening Kai, Kang Taehyun, Choi Soobin, and of course, the blue hair weirdo, Choi Yeonjun.

TXT joined her for lunch everyday, Yeonjun always providing the hungry girl food and making sure she was never starving. Taehyun hung out with her after lunch since they had math together second to last period. Of course, spending this much time with the boys everyday led to them eventually becoming friends, giving Jaewon happiness she never had before.

"Is everyone free for the first 2 weeks of summer?" Taehyun asked, arm over Huening Kai's shoulder as they group walked into the cafeteria.

"I have to ask my mom but probably." the maknae replied as he pulled out his lunch and sat down at their usual table.

Beomgyu didn't say anything to the boys and instead turned to look at Jaewon, giving the girl a genuine smile and leaning down next to her ear.

"I'll see you later." he whispered and turned around, heading off to the popular table.

Jaewon gave a small wave with pink toned cheeks before sitting next to Yeonjun, who gave her his second lunchbox without a word.

"Why are you asking?" she asked as she opened the box filled with food.

"Well, my family is going to Japan for the first two weeks and offered to take us since we would be going to our final year of high school and should be 'making memories'. They said they could book us a place to stay and let us have fun by ourselves." Taehyun replied, eating his own food.

Choi Jaewon sighed. When she was younger, she had always wanted to go out with friends this way, making memories and enjoying life without any worries but right now, she wasn't in a situation where she could leave her house and have fun.

"That sounds awesome but I can't go." she replied with another sigh before looking down at her food.

Choi Yeonjun glanced at the girl's sudden saddened expression and sighed before gently nudging her shoulder. She looked up at him and he nodded down at the steaming food, mouthing the word 'eat'. 

Jaewon nodded and picked up a spoon, scooping the rice first and putting it in her mouth. A satisfied expression came across her face and she smiled, causing Yeonjun to also smile and look away.

"I can probably come." he said to Taehyun since he lived alone and made decisions for himself.

Kang Taehyun gave his friends a wide smile, already looking forward to summer while glancing at Soobin to see if he was free. Soobin simply nodded with a grin and Taehyun mentally cheered.

"Great! Everyone ask your parents and tell me on Monday!" he said, standing up as lunch was coming to an end.

Unlike the other kids who hung out in the field during break, he headed to the library, Jaewon accompanying him since she also preferred not to be around a lot of people. They both walked side by side, exchanging a few words before finding their corner in the library.

Choi Jaewon dived into her usual red beanbag while Taehyun pulled off his bag and jumped onto his yellow one. Sitting up straight, they both pulled of their math textbooks as Jaewon let out a groan.

"Why do you make me do this?" she muttered to Taehyun as they goth their pencil cases out.

"Because you need to study if you want good grades to get into a good university and to later have a good job." he replied, rolling his eyes at the lazy girl.

She shot Taehyun a meaningless glare before bringing out the math study book and opening it to the page their teacher had assigned. After a few minutes of silent study, Taehyun looked up at Jaewon.

"Why do you think you can't make it for summer?" he asked her carefully and looked at his paper again while Jaewon glanced up. 

The girl stayed silent for a few seconds before looking down at her book and answering an equation she was sure she had done incorrectly. 

"Just...stuff." she replied to the waiting boy.

Don't misunderstand, Jaewon had learned to trust these boys as they spent more and more time together, but telling someone about her problems at home was something she wasn't ready to share yet. 

You can't expect someone who is completely closed off to just suddenly share details about their private life.

Kang Taehyun wanted to ask her more, he wanted to try and convince her to come because he really liked her. She was a good friend once she had stopped blocking everyone and could actually be pretty nice. But, he decided to respect her privacy and not ask more, hoping that she would figure things out herself and maybe be available to come in the end.

After an hour passed by, Taehyun checked his watch before standing up and holding his hand out for Jaewon. The girl took it and he pulled her up, both knowing they needed to go to their actual math class now.

At first, when Taehyun had first convinced her to study with him, she refused to take any help, much less even look at him. But now, she talked more, offered help too, and he could feel that their relationship as friends was becoming better.

Taehyun looked at Jaewon as she put on her bag and offered him a small smile. 

He wanted to know what had turned Jaewon into the school's 'cold queen'. He wanted to know the reason she refused to smile for others but as of now, he would simply wait for her until she was ready to tell him herself.

Nodding, the duo set off to their math classroom in a comfortable silence, once arriving, taking their seats and Taehyun listening to the class while Jaewon just gave up and fell asleep on her desk.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and before she knew it, Jaewon was holding Beomgyu's hand and was walking out of the school building.

Choi Beomgyu was tired. Although he had gotten what he always wanted, to be popular, he was still not so sure about being happy in school. He was dating the most beautiful girl in the world, he had a lot of 'friends', he even got very good grades so his parents weren't disappointed in him, yet he still wasn't happy.

Turning his head, he looked at his girlfriend who was leaning against his shoulder with her eyes closed. The amount of personality change in Jaewon surprised Beomgyu although he loved that she was becoming more happier because of him.

Even though Jaewon wasn't a big fan of showing a lot of affection in school, Beomgyu still enjoyed teasing her, liking the way her face became red when he kissed her cheek or whispered sweet things into her ear. As time went by, occasionally Jaewon would return a little affection by doing things like hugging him or leaning against his shoulder the way she was doing now.

Smiling, Beomgyu raised his hand and tucked some stray hair behind her ear before resting his head on the sleeping girl's and closing his eyes, slowly falling asleep.