5

Choi Jaewon walked to school, sucking her classic strawberry flavoured lollipop and thinking about the rain from the previous day

Choi Jaewon walked to school, sucking her classic strawberry flavoured lollipop and thinking about the rain from the previous day. She had a sinking feeling that someone might have been watching her while she was all relaxed and 'vulnerable' but she shook the feeling off, not wanting to consider that possibility. 

"Jaewon!" a familiar voice yelled and that was all it took for the said female to go back to her cold facade. 

"What?" she said, not looking as Beomgyu fell into step with her. 

She knew it was Beomgyu because Beomgyu was the only person who bothered her every day.

"Well, I need to be a popular kid you know." he said, knowingly.

Jaewon rolled her eyes before nodding. 

"What about it?" she asked, reaching her locker. 

Beomgyu stood by her, watching as she entered her locker code and opened it, shoving her bag inside and grabbing a notebook. 

Although for Jaewon this was just an annoying thing in life, for Beomgyu, it had become a daily routine. Following her to her locker, going to all their shared classes and then of course meeting her at lunch. They didn't share any classes together after lunch break so most of the time, that was the last moment they would see each other. 

"How do I become a popular kid?" Beomgyu asked, following Jaewon as she walked towards their english class. 

Jaewon rolled her eyes, thinking that every single thing Beomgyu said sounded like a clique from a drama. 

"Well, first change your appearance of course." she said, half joking as she thought of the stuff that happened in the stories. 

Beomgyu, of course, took it seriously and smiled at once at the idea. 

"Okay! Since tomorrow is Saturday, come out with me to 'fix my appearance' or something." he said cheerfully as Jaewon rolled her eyes again. 

"Yeah yeah sure." she replied, not really thinking and just wanting the guy to leave her alone as soon as possible. 

After she had sat down in her seat and Beomgyu had taken the one next to her, she realized what he had asked and what she had agreed to. Her saturday was gone now ( not that she really minded ) and she was gonna spend it all with the idiot who was currently gawking at her. 

"Quit staring." she snapped at him before pulling out her english notebook and looking at the board. 

Upon seeing the words of the foreign language, she was quick to abandon the writing book and rest her head against the desk, prepared to fall asleep. Just as she was entering dream land, she caught the words 'partner' and 'project' in the same sentence and everyone knew what that meant. 

With a sigh, Jaewon sat up and looked at the teacher, trying to listen for once. 

"I'm assigning partners." The teacher said and many people groaned. 

Jaewon just didn't care. If the students were picked partners, someone would end up with her and if teacher was assigning, someone would still end up with her. Either way, you would get a partner so why does it matter? 

Jaewon didn't listen to the teacher calling out the names but when her name was called and she was put with Beomgyu, she sighed again and rested her head against the desk. Beomgyu smiled excitedly and clapped like a seal, receiving stares from other students before quickly stopping. 

Once class was over, Jaewon picked up her belongings and walked towards the teacher's desk, wanting to know why she was paired up with Beomgyu. Usually, she wouldn't care, but this time she did because she didn't want to always be with Beomgyu. 

"Sir why-" Jaewon started but was interrupted by the teacher himself. 

"Because, you're the only person in this class who can actually talk to Beomgyu. I'm not sure if you know, but that kid gets bullied a lot." the teacher replied. 

"and you do nothing about it." Jaewon snapped in response.

Just because the teacher was too lazy to actually get up and do his job, didn't mean she could just accept everything dumped onto her. 

Just as her teacher stood up to scold her for her 'disrespectful tone', Jaewon turned around and headed straight out the door, leaving the classroom in annoyance. 

To be honest, it wasn't that big of a deal, but Jaewon just couldn't think about spending even more time with that annoying brat. She just wanted him to leave her alone as soon as possible. 

She thought about the english assignment once more and with groan, headed into math where Beomgyu was waiting.