Naib x reader || secret santa

I'm so scared for finals,,, help
this turned out longer than I expected it to, enjoy^^

As your eyes ran over the slip of paper again and again, you couldn't process whose name you pulled from the bowl. Only your favorite survivor of the whole manor. Naib was harsh at times, but never to you. It seemed like only you knew all of his true sides, and you loved them. What were you going to do for him? You wanted to make him feel as special as he made you feel, so you had to think of something he would love. Though before you did anything for anyone, you should probably apologize to the others for your slightly irrational behavior. Sighing, you gathered up your courage and whatever part of you was not tired and marched downstairs to join the conversation again. The moment you went back downstairs, half the people that were in there before were gone. You could tell that everyone was still walking on eggshells around you, and you were sick of it. You took note of the groups that were unintentionally made scattered around the room. Near the kitchen entry-way, Emily, Emma, and Naib were discussing something you couldn't make out. You decided they would be the best people to hang out with; they would tell you the truth. Sneaking behind your crush, you put a finger to your lips to silently ask that Emma and Emily wouldn't reveal your intentions. Before Naib had a chance to check who was behind him, in one swift motion, you placed your hands on his shoulders, lifted yourself to his ear, and whispered.

"Whatcha guys talking about?"

He jumped, rewarding you with a quiet yelp as he turned to face you when he calmed down from your scare. You, Emma, and Emily shared a short laugh as Naib glared at you. Successfully, you broke the tension filling the room as you picked back up the conversation shared by the three before you arrived. Naib rested his arm around your shoulders, pulling you towards him minimally.

"So, (y/n), what do you want for Christmas?" Of course you could count on Emma to ask a semi-childish question. You smiled, pondering the question for a moment, unconsciously wrapping your arm around the waist of the man pulling you toward him.

"I don't know," you said as the others sighed, "what about you guys?" Emma started mentioning her need of new gloves for her gardening, or some pretty jewelry, while Emily answered the same as you. You looked to Naib for his answer, but he stayed silent, thinking. As he answered, listing a few things he liked, he closed the distance between you, causing you to lose your balance and lean on him, instinctively placing your hand on his chest to balance yourself. As you straightened yourself, you realized what you would do for him. As you made your plan, you didn't notice him looking at you and the other two looking at both of you. A light blush that neither of you noticed covered both of your cheeks. Most everyone in the manor was affectionate with you, you don't know why you were getting so worked up about his touch. Well, you did, but you weren't about to admit it to anyone. You shook the blush off your face, calming down from your sudden close contact with Naib and asked another question.

"Emily, when are we giving out our gifts?" You barely edged away from Naib when you realized he wasn't going to put his arm around you again. She glanced between the two of you, now a few inches apart and sighed, then answered.

"There isn't a specific time, but sometime in a week or so I'll give an announcement that you're allowed to exchange gifts." As you formulated your plan for your gift, your eyes found the clock. It was late, and everyone looked tired. Your long, late afternoon nap kept you from wanting to sleep, but the others seemed like they were ready to go to bed. You pointed out this fact and ushered everyone to bed, using the time where no one would see you to make something that would make Naib happy. After ensuring everyone went up to bed, you began to work. As quietly as you could, you began to mix ingredients together to create an aesthetically pleasing as well as tasty array of treats you knew Naib loved. You assembled a pretty little box full of cookies, macarons, and even little chocolates filled with crémé. By the time you finished, the sun had begun to rise. There was no time for you to sleep as the early risers were to be waking up soon. After cleaning up your mess, you snuck the box to your room, tying a thin pink ribbon around it and making a bow. As soon as you placed the box in a safe spot in your closet, a knock sounded from outside your door. You opened the door to find Naib checking up on you. You thought he would sleep in later, but here he was bright and early making sure you were alright. He asked you to sit on the bed and show him your arm and bruised leg. As you held out your arm, you both noticed a white powder near the stitching. His lips pressed into a thin line, eyes narrowing as he gave you a questioning, semi-disapproving look. You tried to wipe the flour off of your arm, but his grip rendered you unable to move it. You were forced to explain to him why you had flour on your arm.