Norton x reader || highschool AU

Baseball Norton! Feat. B-Tier Babes!
Gosh I love Norton so much,,,

I know that highschool baseball games only go to seven innings but shhhhh
it makes for better plot

"Seriously? I do so much for the yearbook and I don't even like sports!" You complained, packing your stuff to head to the game anyway. You were known as the best photographer on the Yearbook staff, and everyone admitted it. As half of the staff was going to be absent for a school trip, it was up to you to take pictures of your school's baseball team. Instead of going to your car as you normally would, you took the back exit of the school and headed to the baseball field. The game wouldn't start for another two hours, but you wanted to find a good spot for picture taking. After unpacking your camera and your new lens and taking a few practice pictures, you were approached by a few people you've seen around school, but never interacted with. Well, you recognized the face of Margaretha, who was a well-known dance captain at your school, along with two new faces. Norton Campbell and Naib Subedar. You learned that these three were best friends and always attended each other's events.

"Why don't you sit with us, (y/n)?" Margaretha offered, leading you to a spot with a perfect view of the field. You gasped and thanked her profusely while setting up a small tripod in case your arms got tired. She only laughed happily in response and started a new conversation with her friends, bringing you into it as well. The four of you made a few jokes and got to know you a little bit more before Norton had to go warm-up. Waving with enthusiasm, he slipped through the gate and into the dugout. You took a few pictures of the boys, but saved the battery for the main game, since you were told that they were long. As you turned your camera off for the time being, you caught Naib and Margaretha whispering about something. You didn't want to bother them, but at the same time, you wanted to know what they were keeping from you.

"Is everything alright?" Innocent curiosity filled your voice as you hoped you weren't making them uncomfortable. They decided to take the opportunity to tease you instead of reassuring you.

"Yep, we were just talking about how you were eying up Norton." You regretted saying anything as your face was more red than the opposing team's uniforms. Speaking of the opposing team, they were up to bat. You were grateful for the distraction as you didn't want to stutter any more contradictions to Margaretha's false observation. You tilted your camera towards the pitcher's mound, and noticed your new friend Norton about to throw the first pitch. You snapped a picture, then ten more as he threw the first pitch. As you looked through the group pictures, the first stood out to you, further contributing to your blush. Staring directly at the camera with one eye closed in a wink frozen in time, Norton stood with a smile. You mentally noted to save that for yourself later. The other two realized your sudden lack of communication with them.

"Sorry if we made you uncomfortable." Naib was going to continue, but your smile cut him off.

"No worries, I'm alright. It's just teasing!" You scratched the back of your neck and hoped they didn't notice how flustered you were. Luck was on your side as they changed the topic, now discussing interests outside of school. Obviously, you mentioned photography, while learning of Margaretha's gymnastics tournaments and of Naib's interest in boxing. As the game progressed, you took many great pictures, and you were able to show off your talent. By the end of the game, you looked through your selection of photographs and realized the majority of them were of the cute boy who kept looking into the camera. You smiled to yourself and shook your head. This just means you had to go to more games, which you no longer had a problem with. Before heading home, you congratulated Norton and praised him for his work, which gave the team a win.

"Great job, Norton!" You exclaimed while packing your things and following him out. He returned a grin from ear-to-ear.

"Thanks!" He scratched the back of his neck and took off his cap. "Can I walk you to your car?" He offered, holding out his hand. You began to become nervous again.