Part One: Coffee Date

I wake up on my stomach, my face buried into the soft pillow as the white sheets cover my body. After drinking, I actually feel quite well, maybe because I never drank enough to get drunk, just buzzed.

Last night was something for the books, my first random hook up and it went fantastic. I'm not proud because I slept with a stranger, but I'm glad that the experience wasn't a bad one. Alex was wonderful, he wasn't some bad boy that just had sex with me, we had amazing conversation beforehand and I think that's why it didn't feel as dirty as a one night stand.

As I roll onto my back I realize the spot next to me is empty and I quickly sit up, holding the blankets to my chest and looking around, "Alex?"

There's no response. It isn't until I see a note on the nightstand that I realize he must have run off - that's how one night stands work, right?

I had a great evening with you. Checkout time is 11am, but I have work - I've notified the front desk that you're sleeping so I will be by later to return the room key.

Take care.

-Alex 

I look at the clock next to the bed, jumping to my feet when I realize it's 10:56. I search around the suite for my clothes, finding one piece at a time, very slowly. When I get myself dressed, I grab the notepad Alex had written on, tearing the note off and tucking it inside of my pocket and proceeding to write one for him.

Thanks for a good night - I will leave the money for my tab on the table. I appreciate you paying, but it really isn't necessary.

The last thing I wanted was to have some man I just met paying for my drinks, it's like selling my body for alcohol. But I also don't want to feel like a charity case because I was taken off guard that Brandon billed me.

When I manage to get myself together, I look at the clock and it's already 11:03, but I'm sure the hotel isn't too strict with checkout times, at least, I hope they're not.

I walk out of the suite and towards the elevator, surprisingly, I actually remembered which direction to go from last night. I'm in a rush because I'm late checking out but I also need to get to work. Once the elevator stops, I rush out and nearly trip over my own feet, into the arms of  stranger.

You can't make this shit up. I literally fell into this guy's arms but I quickly stand to my feet with my cheeks burning in embarrassment, "I am so sorry. I'm late for work and for checking out, I wasn't looking where I was going and--"

"Hey, hey, it's okay. No big deal," The blonde guy says with a charming smile on his face. He's handsome, I must admit, but not close to the man I was with last night. But it's just a hook up, so why should I compare?

He keeps the smile on his face and I tuck my hair behind my ear, "Thank you, I should go check out."

"Wait... Let me introduce myself first, and maybe take you out for a coffee sometime?"

"Take me out for a coffee?" I raise an eyebrow with a grin on my face, "We just bumped into each other, do you always take strangers out for coffee?"

He laughs, shaking his head no, "Of course not. But there's something about you... I feel like I would be stupid to just leave here without getting your number or something."

I feel hesitant but I can't help but smile, he could easily be a crazy person but he's being so sweet that I kind of want to take the risk. Being lonely doesn't help either, but this guy isn't like the fling I had last night. He could become a friend, maybe. Alex is someone I won't ever see again in this lifetime.

"Okay," I hold my hand out to take his phone and as he passes it to me I'm impressed to see the latest iPhone model, "Impressive."

He chuckles, "My dad has connections, I'm not one to care about the newest phone models but my dad likes to keep up with the newest things."

"Rich daddy, huh?" I joke, typing my name and number into his contact list.

He rolls his eyes but the smile never fades for a second, "I guess, but I wouldn't say that it defines me. I am my own person, after all."

I pass him the phone back, nodding my head at his words, "I'm kidding."

When he looks at his phone, he smiles, "Avery... That's a beautiful name. I'm Patrick, Patrick Jensen."

Jensen?

My eyebrow raises as I remember where we are in the moment, "Jensen? As in..."

"Jensen Hotels? Yeah. My dad owns this place, and the others around the world," He seems embarrassed when he mentions it and I realize that he isn't the type to brag, it's an admirable trait to have, "As you can see I'm great with meeting women because all I talk about are my dad's accomplishments."

His sarcasm makes me laugh, I cover my lips to try to calm my giggling and I tilt my head to the side, "I find comfort in knowing that your family is well known, there's less of a chance of you killing me when you take me out for coffee tomorrow."

I begin to walk away and his voice stops me, "Tomorrow? You wanna go out tomorrow?"

As I continue to walk, I turn around to face him and begin nodding, "Yeah, why not? You okay with that, Patrick?"

"I'm very much okay with it," He nods quickly and I grin at his shyness.

I don't know what has gotten into me but maybe there's something in the air in New York City, normally I barely date, but within 24 hours I've hooked up with one guy and scored a date with another. I swear this isn't who I usually am, but I'm enjoying this new found confidence in myself.