Chapter 6 (Family Meeting)

Comenzar desde el principio

Karine nodded and held her hand out to Samuel next. He took it and did the same as his brothers.

"I am the oldest Samuel. I'm sure you've heard nothing about me." Samuel exclaimed with a wondering look in his eye. Hmm Samuel. My father said something about him playing a game, regarding Jenna. I seized the moment and stepped forward into the group.

"No I don't think she has, but my father has told me a little something about you." I said directing my eyes to Samuel.

"Hmm and you are?" Samuel turned his attention to me, and passed Karine.

"Scarlett. Scarlett McDonald." I said as he looked me up and down circling me.

"Ah I see. So what is it that Roy told you about me?" Uncle Sam stopped walking and stood in front of me now.

"Not much. But he didn't say something about you playing a game. Maybe involving a friend of mine." I said with great attitude.

"Which friend? The girl... Jenna was it?" He evilly chuckled. "Or Carter?"

His comment surprised me. Carter? Carter was at the party but then he vanished. So he didn't become a pawn of Mordecai, he became a pawn of Samuel. I didn't reply so he kept talking.

"I take it you would like to see him." Samuel smiled and then looked at Mordecai. Mordecai was just chilling peacefully in the background, waiting for his brother to finish remising. Samuel looked back at me, and then whisper a command, but I could hear. "You can come now."

My eyes widened at the sight of Carter instantly appearing beside his grandfather, and uncles. His hair was darker than ever, and he was in a black suit. Just black, no white. He looked pale, and his more peiricing than ever. He was looking at me face to face, and I couldn't think of anything to say or do.

"Scarlett. It's a pleasure to see you again." Carter spoke first and bowed. Why was he talking like that? Why was he acting like that. I decided not to be rude, and ignore the slight chance that Carter could be evil.

"Yes. I have missed you Carter." I curtsied. He didnt say anything after that he just stepped back. So I appointed all of my negative energy back to Samuel. "So Samuel, what is the 'game' that you are playing?"

Samuel opened his mouth slightly ready to speak, but Dante's hand went up in protest. Which told Samuel not to say another word.

"Now, now. That's not party chit chat. Let's meet your cousins. Come now." Dante said waving his hand, gesturing for someone to come over to our little group. In the distance I saw a tall man that look at least 23, walking over this way. He had dark hair, and gorgeous eyes. Beside him was a woman who looked similar, but there was still a bit of a different look between them.

As soon as they got to us, they stood beside Carter. Our cirlce became some what of a sloppy rectangle. My family on one side, Mordecai and his own, on the other side. The two stepped forward, seperating themselves from Carter.

"I'm Dominic, its a pleasure to me you," He smirked, and then pointed to the female beside him, "this is my twin sister, Annabelle." They both bowed in unison. They stepped back and smiling creepily.

"Yes, I know I created such wonderful children. Sadly only two, but I cannot be like Modecai who has many."Dante said with a wondering eye, and then looked over to Mordecai. "Is this all you wanted brother? A meeting?"

"Yes. Just to let them see what and who they would be dealing with, if they were to slip up and try to attack us." Mordecai's eyes twitch with fury as he talked, but his gaze was still stern on us.

"Is that a threat?" My father asked with just as much attitude. "You must remember, 'brother', that I have not forgiven you for anything you have done. So if you want to start a war, then START ONE!" He had raised his voice. People around the ball room froze, shocked. The Orchestra stopped playing. Everyone looked over to see what all the commotion was about. Daddy creeped closer to Mordecai,ignoring all the people watching us. He stared deeply into Mordecai's eyes,and spoke in a hush tone, but I could still hear, "Father, won't be the least bit considered."